Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: SNAC reverted for the new patch?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
Hi there.

After another while, a certain number of people asked if there could be another SNAC thread about if it should be reverted to make it an instakilling gun for Bombers and below. We're trying to give bombers a name and a use, since they're pretty much useless and terribly unfun since the nerf. There was a huge discussion about this topic that you can follow here .

And, taking into account the downfall of discovery population since then, it should be favorable to discuss about this gun.
In my opinion SNAC should insta kill a snub since they can do massive dmg to caps but not that much on snubs, its the immersion for me. But is saying so if it can insta kill a snub it will still be hard to kill fighters since they can move a fair bit faster than bombers.
I voted for "I don't care". It appears it was changed after I voted to: "I do not fly bombers."
(01-14-2020, 11:31 PM)Nerva Regis Wrote: [ -> ]I voted for "I don't care". It appears it was changed after I voted to: "I do not fly bombers."

Yes Nerva you care, you just don't fly bombers Cool
(01-14-2020, 11:31 PM)Nerva Regis Wrote: [ -> ]I voted for "I don't care". It appears it was changed after I voted to: "I do not fly bombers."

It can relate, though.
How a single gun can fix a popularity of mod?
Instead of reverting snac back and forth and back and forth, do this to make balance less rock-paper-scissor:

- Increase bomber gun speed a little so they arent useless against fighters
- Raise fighter gun range and give them a torpedo that does half or one third of the damage a nova torp does so they become more useful against large ships (the torp also gives fighters a snub-instakill weapon)

A snac that can instakill snubs at no risk to itself drives noobs out of snubs even more than we have now.
The current state of balance for bombers isn't great, I'd love to see the SNAC back. It was at least possible to have a small chance to fight back against fighters before, but now you might as well just drop nukes on yourself as soon as one gets on you. I understand people want a rock paper scissors balancing system, but there's a difference between being disadvantaged and having no chance of success.

The only way to get hit by SNACs on snubs is to slip up and get caught with your pants down, the actual hit rate for them is really low unless your opponent is flying directly at you constantly.

And, well, if there's no fighters, you'll just be spending a minimum of half an hour right clicking caps every 10-20s from range.

They really need something done with them, and bringing the SNAC back is one solution for it.
(01-14-2020, 11:37 PM)Groshyr Wrote: [ -> ]How a single gun can fix a popularity of mod?

It really won't, but at least will let some people have fun on a dying platform.
Remember SNAC was a way of flying for a good ammount of people
So this is about nostalgia for people?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18