Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Joseph DeFrance || From: Dona Enma de Loyola
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Planet Malta, Omicron Alpha
January the 16th, 827 A.S.

[Image: XUpVKV1.jpg]

Sender: Dona Enma de Loyola.
Recipient: His Highness Joseph DeFrance.
Topic: Royal matters.

Votre Altesse Royale,

my name is Dona Enma of the Loyola family of the Outcasts. I am a citizen of the Crown since FĂ©vrier the 2nd, 741 AGS. Now, I never was at the military or any other service of any kind and did not actually live in Gallia, so it all came down to formality. I am currently hosting and protecting two members of the Royal family, your cousins Charlotte and Claire. I hope you were happy to hear from Claire, she is really inspired by your energy and determination. Don't worry, Malta has it's own nobility traditions and we know how to treat noble persons appropriately. Of course, hosting two royal persons at one time is getting a little bit expensive, but it could not be done otherwise.

Looking at the new Confederacy and forces that moved to Taus after the temporary retreat of the Royal Navy, I am becoming more and more sympathetic to your cause. It backfires me at home because as you understand, after the minor incidents that the Royal Navy had in Leeds, DeFrance's name and ties to it are not exactly causing enthusiasm. I heard about your claim to the throne, but I will give it time before recognizing it, as a humble citizen of course. There still may be a hope that His Majesty is alive and doing well. Though, as a crown prince, I think you have enough authority to have my attention.

I think that Outcasts' operational lines around Gallia can prove to be useful for the Royal cause in the near future. There can be a lot of things I can support you with. The question comes down to if the Crown could properly reward one particular Outcast loyalist who helped to restore the Kingdom? That's a far perspective, but a good answer could surely spark my motivations.

ATTACHMENTS:

Dona Enma de Loyola
Loyola Group
Amor Vincit Omnia

Transmission End
Transmission Source Private - Direct Communique to Dona Enma de Loyola
Transmission Location: Unknown || Heavily Secured || Video Feed Active

[Image: oFlXmmh.gif]
[Image: zNpK2iv.png]

Your status in Gallia means absolutely nothing to me. You're a nobody, and a particular nobody who happens to be protecting - or so you claim - two members of my family. Yet, this message sounds exactly like an extortion attempt in exchange for my cousins. Cousins that are so far down on the family tree that their name is merely a formality. If you honestly think I care about them that much to offer a payment for their lives? You're better off just killing them both and patiently waiting for my fleets to arrive to glass your drug riddled world.

Fortunately for you, I happen to be in a good mood today. So I'll play along. If serving my time in the Gallic Royal Police has taught me anything, its that you and your particular kind happen to have smuggling operations throughout a vast majority of Sirius, even making a breakthrough into my own kingdom. A vast network in key houses has its benefits. Unfortunately for you, I don't pay for loyalty because that can always be purchased by the next highest bidder... and I just don't have the time to deal with something so trivial. Your loyalty to me is either absolute, or nothing.

You may have my cousin wrapped around your fingers, as naive as she is, but I'm going to need a bit more persuasion. If you're worth your salt, you'll just have to prove it to me. How you go about that is completely up to you. But the Confederacy just so happens to be a thorn in both of our sides... so that should give you a little push in the right direction.

Oh... and one more thing before I go, if either of them are hurt in your care... I won't think twice about snapping that pretty little neck of yours. Loyal or not.

Au Revoir, Madamosille de Loyola.

Transmission Terminated || Secured Communique Accepted
Encryption Attached - N/A
January the 16th, 827 A.S.

Votre Altesse Royale,

I am not the one to attempt to do things, but the one to get them done. It doesn't matter how much you value the girls, oh though they honestly deserve nothing bad happen to them. You see, all those smugglers around Sirius are making tremendous sums of money, and that money flows into the limited number of accounts, and my account is one of them. It is true that you can't get enough of them, but this is not what I am after.

But you are right, I am not an altruist in any way. But I do not expect the "payment" as you put it. I know that it would be natural for pirates to demand exactly this, and your expectations based on your without a doubt rich experience are fully justified. But there's more to it, maybe some ideological, or even aesthetic preferences.

I personally have seen the role of the Royal Navy in Sirius as positive. You see, my people are being called an "Outcasts" for a reason and as you may guess the reason for that is the majority of Sirius population hating and wanting to exterminate us. We had some deals with certain Houses, but I cannot trust them. They will turn against us as soon as they see fit. In my opinion, wiping the Sirius House system and replacing it with something else is a good thing. And I thought that Cardamine would prove to be a good tool to control the population. Among other things.

As for your push in the right direction and speaking of Confederacy, the Outcasts won't stand a chance in an open field fight. We could theoretically assist with raids on the enemy supply lines, smuggling equipment needed or even provide intel. In other words, I could provide some auxiliary, but there's no way we can launch major operations as the Royal Navy does. Don't get me wrong, we can beat up something worthless like CR, but Confederacy forces are on a different category.

And don't worry about the girls, they do have a rather specific temperament and sometimes forgetting that they are guests, but we are getting along... In some ways.

ATTACHMENTS:

Dona Enma de Loyola
Loyola Group
Amor Vincit Omnia

Transmission End

[Image: oFlXmmh.gif]

The rest of Sirius considers your kind as nothing more than drug lords and terrorists. Your so called society isn't worth keeping around as it's nothing more than a blight to the rest of us, and frankly between you and I... I'd be much more inclined to watch your worlds burn and watch your people suffer as their life source is cut off. But then again, I like watching insects struggle.

We both want the same thing for different reasons, and that's something I can respect to a certain degree. Though I don't want to wipe the Sirian houses off of the map entirely. I want them all as vassals. Peasants to serve the rightful rulers of this sector - Gallia - and to make them remember their betrayal all those centuries ago. These are the same people who left yours to die while the Hispania fled from Sol. However those concerns aren't immediate, at least not yet.

You're right in the fact that the Outcasts can't hold their own in a fist fight against this... Confederacy... but you can hit their supply lines within the Tau's and cut off support from Sirian houses. Ramp up your raids on their supply lines, provide me with the proof of these efforts and be a delicate thorn in their side. If you can redirect weapons and supplies to Enclave forces in Aquitaine, then we'll have the start of a beautiful relationship.

Until then... Au Revoir.

February the 9th, 827 A.S.

Votre Altesse Royale,

I am glad to hear it. There are other matters to discuss, so I will dare to take a little more of your time. I am have had one project in mind few years back, but I did lack royal approval. Since we have more than one Duchesse at Malta now, I think that at least one of them could stay here eventually. I like my honored guests and since they don't matter as much for DeFrance's main branch, you could possibly accept those lovely girls staying with me. Oh, and don't get me wrong, I won't leave Duchesse without a Duchy. And for convenience, we could make one right here, does Duchy of Malta with either Charlotte or Claire as duchesse sound interesting?

It may backfire at some point but it looks like Outcasts who are opposing me are doing if because of some pure instinct and are not reasonable. I may, in the end not value their opinion as much. It's not like I ever did. I think such interesting things to discuss worth a meeting, what do you say? I sadly cannot imagine having this kind of affairs even being considered without personal contact.

May I pick a place and time as a lady? It will have to be something boring and neutral, so neither of us should expect fashionable and luxury banquette. Also, let's agree that we will assure only minimal security on both sides. I know you can organize some Valor parade, but I'd enjoy some degree of privacy and coziness. Hope to hear from you soon, your highness.

ATTACHMENTS:

Dona Enma de Loyola
Loyola Group
Amor Vincit Omnia

Transmission End

[Image: uHf4kQu.jpg?1]

I'm more than open to the discussion of turning your people into a vassal state of the Kingdom. You'll have your audience at a place of your leisure, madame. Though be warned I will have my men standing by to pull the trigger should the need arise. A need that I hope won't arise between us, Madame Loyola. While waiting for you to decide where and when you'd like to have this meeting, I'll have a word about it with some trusted officers. The fewer people who are made aware of this meeting, the better it would be for the both of us until plans are in place for this... potential duchy.

Oui?

Votre Altesse Royale,

Freeport 6, Tau-29 on February the 10th. I will rent section five and make sure that it's properly sealed during the time of the meeting. Mind if I take Claire with me? I am afraid she won't be able to leave with you as I pointed out before, but it would be nice if you will be able to see each other. She may as well contribute to the overall discussion.

ATTACHMENTS:

Dona Enma de Loyola
Loyola Group
Amor Vincit Omnia

Transmission End

[Image: uHf4kQu.jpg?1]

Very well, Freeport Six it is. I do implore that you bring Claire along so that I can see that she's unharmed. However... if any strain of hair is out of place on her, she will be coming back with me and our discussion will be forfeit. I will also be traveling with an armed guard who will remain outside of the section to ensure that everything is fine. Your weapons will be left with them upon my arrival. These are my terms, if we have an agreement I will be looking forwards to meeting you.

Votre Altesse Royale,

sure, but it's a pity because I expected to have you a little more courage. I will make sure they also place a bulletproof glass between us. Comms are off as I will be away for our meeting, see you there, your highness.

ATTACHMENTS:

Dona Enma de Loyola
Loyola Group
Amor Vincit Omnia

Transmission End