Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To the Junker Congress // from the BAF Admiral J. Redmond
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: cqoK5DR.png]

Message Class: Audio-Visual
Encryption: Guinesss

[Image: y0KWRKG.gif]

Hello representatives of the Junker Congress,

I won’t bother mincing words, I know it isn't your thing. I am also feeling very full right now, so I think I am going to have a lay down after this.

John was in the midst of several empty bottles of Guinness, brewed on New London as it always has been. It was clear they had been consumed by the Admiral himself

Look, my request is very simple. Bretonia has some shipyards, which is great and all, but they are very busy making Bretonian ships, very good ships, yes.

Now this leaves us with some issues you see, with our shipyards making everything for us, all the other poor sods who need ships are in a lot of bother. Now, you can build ships of a sort yes? Now no offense but I wouldn't put any of my men in the things you make, but there are some lovely chaps on Exeter who could use the type of ships you make, what with all the extra cargo for uh, supplies. They are trying to be self-sufficient you see, and its terribly dangerous down there now with you know, those communist bastards doing their best impression of their evil selves.

John was beginning to waffle, clearly not at his sharpest.

In short, I would like some of your ships, gunboats, snubs, even transports for our friends in Exeter, no questions asked.

As you know, the BAF controls all the military salvage in Bretonia, and I can let you in on some of it as payment, starting with the least important and technologically useless Corsair scrap, sound good? They have some junk outside New London you can take a look at with my permission. There are countless snub craft to tow away as well. I could not give a monkeys about this rubbish and you can get your trout into that troth, providing you come up with equivalent value of ships delivered, deal?

Regards,

Admiral John Redmond, Oversector Outer Commander
Dreadnought Venerable
Bretonian Armed Forces

Transmission Terminated
.:Incoming Transmission:.
.:Comm ID: Rick Tiltman:.
.:Topic: You scratch my back, I'll scratch yours:.

[Image: 4QjOd1M.jpg]

Mr.Redmond,

I must apologize for the delay, things in the fields are more chaotic then they may seem at first glance. Just last week we almost had a Gallic cruiser reactor go critical, thankfully we managed to shut it down before it went off and it is now safely dismantled and being smelted down into Manifolds on Trafalgar. As for your request, I do have a few questions for you regarding these ships. Mainly, I'd like some reassurance the only way they are going to be shooting at those "communist bastards" is for defensive purposes. As you no doubt may have noticed, in the time that the Coalition and Bretonia were neutral we ourselves have a very uneasy neutrality with them. While I am not entirely overjoyed with the rapid degradation of relations between your two nations, it is disappointing that getting the finest Vodka in Sirius is going to now be breathtakingly more difficult then it was before.

To clarify, I have no issue allowing your colonists access to our Combat Service Line. The ships within that line including:

• The "Combat Service Vehicle"
  • The "Combat Service Freighter"
  • The "Collector" also known as the "Combat Service Vehicle MK2"
  • The "Combat Service Support Craft" more commonly known simply as the "Recycler"
These are for sale on our installations across Sirius. While the prior are the primary members of the Line, our "Wrecker" Gunship (which is really less of a gunship as it's name suggests and more of a well armed and armored transport akin to the Gull in cargo space) is also part of it but we are a bit more protective of it.

I do, however, expect quid pro quo. As I mentioned previously we are on frosty terms with the Reds and frankly I would rather not loose our on the very lucrative trade deals I have going. I should clarify, lucrative for us, we bring them food and water and we export their Vodka. So this is what I propose, you allow us to keep the vodka flowing so long as we do not supply The Reds with any military goods. In exchange, we get to continue supplying Sirius with the finest Vodka anywhere and preventing innocent civilians trapped under an oppressive military dictatorial regime from starving.

How does that sound to you?

Rick Tiltman,
Arbiter

Arbiter Tiltman,

Quite the conundrum we have here.

You are openly admitting to dealing with those who do us harm, and I am happy to let this slide, but only on one condition.
You stop being squeamish about your ships being used to cause physical, mental and economic harm to the big Red.

If this causes your relationship with them any trouble, I suggest you weigh the pros and cons of your relationship with Bretonia, and the absolute gold mine of scrap in New London, as well as that base the other lads who replied to this message seem to be obsessed about. If we can't see eye to eye, I may just flip the self destruct switch on that hunk of junk and make your life in Bretonia hell.

I will go one step further, you will get Trafalgar back good as new, provided you supply the Good Commies with good ships, and you do us one further favor, you grant access to Bornholm in Omega-55 for use by all privateers, including the Good Commies we are patron to.

For the ships you provide them you will be granted rights on scrap in New London.

Look, I know you lot are about as clean as my liver with what you do, be it for the Corsairs, the Outcasts or whoever, and your "ideological" differences with the Coalition are going to set you on a collision course with them one of these days. Think it is time you cut loose, and we will provide you with ample reason to do so.

Vodka is also sold on Exeter.

Regards,

Dreadnought Venerable
Bretonian Armed Forces

Transmission Terminated
.:Incoming Transmission:.
.:Comm ID: Rick Tiltman:.
.:Topic: Well that's convenient :.

Well Mr.Redmond,

Quite the interesting turn of events I have had in the last few weeks, you see I was formerly unaware of the situation regarding the "Good Commies" of which you speak. In fact, I was entirely unaware of the extent of coalition culture that was now residing outside of Coalition space. After a bit of discussion and a rather unfriendly welcome from the Bad Commies (Seems the new government isn't a huge fan of Junkers anymore, something about us being too capitalist?). Turns out the "Good Commies" can produce enough Vodka to fill the demand we have going for it. So it would seem, I no longer have that to bargain with.

So that leaves one thing on the table, you convince your superiors to relinquish full control of Trafalgar back to us and your privateers get some fancy news toys to blast Frenchies with, of course, you like all other civilian traffic have full access to Bornholm in Omega-55. Sound fair?

Rick Tiltman,
Arbiter

Arbiter Tiltman,

It sounds pretty fair, and I am glad you are seeing our side of the argument. Consider it done.

But remember, the return of Trafalgar is a bit of a political issue for the Admiralty, and I will have the SIS on my arse for authorizing the return of what is essentially a hideout for scum.

So be aware, SIS may come knocking for their own benefits to this exchange, the Admiralty needs nothing else from you however.

Regards,

Dreadnought Venerable
Bretonian Armed Forces

Transmission Terminated