Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Maréchal Laroux
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

To: Maréchal Laroux
Source: Planet Exeter, Exeter

[Image: Tie9ABM.png]

Marshal.

Given my service history with Royal Intelligence prior to the ousting of our regime, I have taken the initiative of infiltrating a terrorist organization that is in opposition to the current Bretonian occupation of Planet Exeter, formerly Gran Canaria. I aim to assist them with causing a general ruckus and undermining Bretonian operations in the area, including disruption of any allied forces they might have in the system.

Recall me at any time, otherwise I will remain where I am and submit reports when possible.

Adrian Gustin
Cavalier
Marshalcy of Gallia
Planet Bordeaux, Aquitaine System
19. Janvier, 743 AGS

Official Message
The Office of Maréchal Eveline Laroux

Identité: Eveline Laroux, Maréchal de l'Enclave
Destinataire: Cavalier Adrian Gustin
Sujet: Unexplained absence.

Cavalier Gustin,

Typically, the correct procedure would be to inform your superiors before leaving.

Cordialement,
Maréchal Eveline Laroux,
Maréchausée de Gaule

Pièces jointes: Aucun

Marshal.

Forgive me, but the bureaucracy of command structures is rarely accommodative of windows of opportunity that can be exploited. And were my loyalty not absolute then I would not have enjoyed the autonomy that I was granted by Royal Intelligence. We stand to benefit from inspiring chaos at the doorstep of the enemy, it diverts their attention from us and prohibits decisiveness. Potential gains aside, I have still defied your authority and made myself liable for it.

Recall me for a reprimand or put faith in my abilities. I would serve better as your agent, but my service is unaffected by either choice available to you.

Adrian Gustin
Cavalier
Marshalcy of Gallia
28. Janvier, 743 AGS

Official Message

Sujet: Unexplained absence.

Cavalier Gustin,

It seems you have left me with little choice. Despite the complications your position may create for our own operations in Omega-49, you are to keep me updated with the details of your activities pending future recall. Do not expect a friendly face when you return.

Be warned, if the group becomes an interference to my efforts in the region you will be fired upon without discrimination. We wouldn't want to blow your cover now, would we?

Maréchal Eveline Laroux,
Maréchausée de Gaule

Marshal.

I would expect nothing less, and I will submit myself to your scorn once I have accomplished all I can do here. Your authority is absolute.

Since I have a few moments to spare, I'll make a report now. The rebels are making use of my combat capability, resulting in the successful ambush of two privateer vessels that had launched from Canaria. We attracted the attention of armed forces deployed in the area and a lone Templar met me in single combat and promptly fell.

The rebels are also seeking large quantities of.. fertilizer. I believe they intend to make crude bombs and target Bretonian establishments. If you can arrange for a supply drop, I can persuade them to see us in a better light. There is also the possibility for overt cooperation if you deem these insurgents worth guaranteeing the independence of. If you choose to do so, I am prepared to properly identify myself and act as our liasion to them. It is likely that the communists will attempt to sway them if we do not.

Any land the rebels manage to liberate could serve as a future staging ground. And I'm sure that with the right line of rhetoric, they'll learn to remain eternally grateful to their generous benefactors in the Enclave. One way or another.

Adrian Gustin
Cavalier
Marshalcy of Gallia
27. Fevrier, 743 AGS

Official Message

[Image: Ak39plT.gif]

Sujet: Re: Unexplained absence.

Gustin,

Weakened as they may be, I have my doubts about the efficacy of a small rebel cell against the entire might of the Bretonian Armed Forces. If deceiving these terrorists into believing we would honor their independence will win us their support then so be it, but I will not squander valuable resources to aid in their plight. They will not win, and should they survive it will be only a matter of time before they turn their guns on us.

The other non-Bretonian residents of Omega-49 have already expressed their displeasure the presence of our forces. Evidently content with their new overlords, Enclave vessels are forbidden from docking or treated with outright hostility by station guns on approach. So much for their legendary neutrality.

If you are as intelligent as you profess you will eventually recognize that facing any resentment I may harbor upon your return is a preferable alternative to the futility of the current situation in which you find yourself.

Unless… You aren’t getting sentimental on me, are you?

Maréchal Eveline Laroux, Maréchausée
Gallic Royal Enclave

Marshal.

The rebels were a convenient wedge that I intended to maneuver according to our regional interests. I harbor no fondness for them, especially with their tolerance of the muck from Malta. I will be making my return by the time this transmission reaches you, with an estimated time of arrival of a day at most.

I look forward to serving our interests directly again, and will readily accept any reprimand you deem fit.

Adrian Gustin
Cavalier
Marshalcy of Gallia