Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Questions about the state of Liberty
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I've taken a look at the changes that happened in Liberty.

For some a staff answer is needed, others can probably be answered by people who know what's up.

1. Alaska

• What parts of it are development and what parts of it are a retcon?
Surely the layout is a retcon.

• What about the super gate though? Is that being rebuild after the sabotage or has it been there all the time now?

• Is the opening of Alaska public knowledge or are the convoys going in some confidential corp ones?

2. Alberta

Sure that has been a long time coming from a lore perspective. The storm has always approached the system.
• What happens to the useless bases there now? It held/holds one of the few LH and Ageira bases. Not sure how important the Rogue base was but the LH bases certainly is.

• Zoners are losing another base. While I don't particularly care it'd be nice to support the dismantling/evacuation with some events or so. - Goes for the other bases as well.#

3. Laptev

No one can tell me what this is about. What is it for? Is it for future development? A system for fighter events? Is there plans already to be just patient about?

4. Faction progression

This is the part that I find the most confusing. I keep asking OFs about these changes and no one even knew they happened or something. Nor can I receive any information about future plans either. Usually these big system changes are coupled with (npc-)faction progression. Some new things for them to do and work on. A power shift. Some conclusion to their work. Is that still planned? Was this not supposed to be released yet?
The devs need to add story to LH. Looking at their RP, there's a metric ton of things to do that could involve literally everyone. They could even get Gallia in on some of their issues. So, why is there some kind of universal oorp hate for them? Especially LH and Xenos. They are Vanilla factions. Why do they have less development than so many things that were just made up for Disco? Is there any actual answer that people have other than hurr durr hackers bad and Xenos also bad?
(01-20-2020, 11:35 AM)The_Godslayer Wrote: [ -> ]The devs need to add story to LH. Looking at their RP, there's a metric ton of things to do that could involve literally everyone. They could even get Gallia in on some of their issues. So, why is there some kind of universal oorp hate for them? Especially LH and Xenos. They are Vanilla factions. Why do they have less development than so many things that were just made up for Disco? Is there any actual answer that people have other than hurr durr hackers bad and Xenos also bad?

It's not just LH and xenos. There's been a lot of inconsistent and neglected development of factions over the years. Just look at Kusari and the neglected shotshow it is. Eventually, you get used to it and stop putting any optimism and hope into the devs.
Alaska Supergate is being erected with parts of disassbled other supergates.

No knowledge on future of Leduc, but most likely will be removed and Bio Neural Processors moved to Alaska as per infocards.

Hopefully LH will get to move their station out of currently useless system.

There are Zoners currently involved with RP of evacuating FP14.
You'd assume that Liberty is going to connect to the Omicrons through Alaska, just a guess though. Somewhere to expand to I guess.
(01-20-2020, 12:21 PM)Markam Wrote: [ -> ]You'd assume that Liberty is going to connect to the Omicrons through Alaska, just a guess though. Somewhere to expand to I guess.

[Image: 7YO2vJ4.png]

You don't say?
Corsairs are going to invade Liberty via Alaska and get Liberty zoi.

Anyone remember that thread?
Could maybe a developer shed some light on this? Or is further stuff/clarification inbound already?
Fort McMurray on Alberta is still strong inside the radiation storm! why evacuate other bases? ok leduc, because it will not be commercially sustainable but others can stay! FP14 is a forgotten base, Zoners lost more importante bases and nobody cared but if FP5 can hold that radiation since ever ...

what surprised me about this storm on Alberta is that there is one on Munich for so long and ... still there on the same place!! i don't understand why they did this on that system that could have a lot potencial, even a planet that could be terraform but hey ... probably not even the devtonians really know Wink