Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: NavMap consistency
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello.

Recently Tohoku was removed from Kusari due to it being a wild infested system with no Kusari control to speak of.

For similar reasons Leeds and Dublin and Edinburgh were turned grey.

This is fine I guess, but it is not consistent for with the rest of the systems. Generally if the system is named after the house, it was that houses color, regardless of control. This is no longer so, and a re-look at systems based on the control criteria that we are not working on is required.

So, and make note this is my opinion, the following systems should be changed from house to non-house identifiers.

Kusari;
1. Chugoku; Completely controlled by the Blood Dragons, no control by the government whatsoever, fairly easy to understand.
2. Tottori; No jump gates, one Samura base and 3 unlawful bases, no infrastructure at all. Not under Kusari control.

Under doubt; Nagano. Has a Jump gate(EDITED), but no friendly battleship/forces, Planet Tomioka is being invaded by Blood Dragons. System could be classified as non-Kusari at this time, though Exeter is similar to this if a little less extreme, so stays Kusari imo.

Rheinland;
1. Dresden; Goes without saying, the system is completely under Hessian control, and the lack of resources makes retaking it more costly than the potential reward. It has a jump-gate and is close to New Berlin, but so does Dublin. Not Rheinland.
2. Thuringia; While there is a planet and a Battleship, the system is without jump gate access and jam packed full of wild. Could remain Rheinland depending on your point of view, but I would lean to removal.

Bretonia;
1. Exeter; Yes, I would say that Exeter is a bit premature. A few patches and progression and if the jump gate finishes and the situation stabilizes it could be Bretonian. Thinking it is made Bretonian now purely because 3 systems were culled and it is a balancer.

Liberty;
1. Alberta; No more gate, being consumed by a dark matter storm, goes without saying and not much to argue here.
2. Puerto Rico; Struggle to find any reason for this system being blue, bunch of junker bases, Bundie base. The lone Ageira base is not much justification.
3. Kansas; No lawful presence to speak of, no jump gate.

Under doubt; Alaska. I think in terms of the players in the system and infrastructure Liberty has it locked down. That being said it is certainly a fringe system. I would be tempted to keep it Liberty but there is a little doubt.

Gallia;
None. Everything seems to be perfect in Gallia land, no issues despite the political upheaval, how lovely for them.

Under doubt; Provence. Pre-update when the planet was under Union Corse I would say this is a sure bet for removal from Gallia core systems, but the planet based on the union of the 3 powers is now back in Police hands.
I agree with your post, but I just wanted to correct Nagano has a Jump gate to Tau 53.
Good spot, edited that.
(01-21-2020, 05:19 AM)Markam Wrote: [ -> ]Puerto Rico; Struggle to find any reason for this system being blue, bunch of junker bases, Bundie base. The lone Ageira base is not much justification.
Actually, Puerto Rico is Independent Worlds system and Alberta is Outer Region. I don't really understand, what does that mean, but can assume, it's a kind of IW as well.
Are you using rules or navmap?
This thread is about cleaning up the navmap using the new logic purported by the devs, not about changing the rules or interpreting the rules.

Rico and Berta are both blue as per the NavMap.