Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Is it possible?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Curious I've had this Outcast character for awhile.

I did nothing relating to cardamine with it. So that brought me to this.

What if my character was allergic to the substance?

Could they possibly have a station on Malta that has a concealed atmosphere?

Which makes it so they can live in Malta without having the Cardamine in them?

Also making it so the ship they command is secure from it?

Well, if he was allergic to Cardamine, he would've died shortly after birth. I mean, I don't think the outcasts would build domes on their planets to isolate some of the population. Everyone there lives and dies with the cardamine in their blood.

Even if the cardamine has plagued them for hundreds of years, it has also granted them maximized fighting strength and longer lifespan, and became a tradition to them. So, even if your character was born on a cardamine-free atmosphere, he would've come in contact with it sooner or later.
Also, Cardamine is supposed to alter your DNA, thus rendering the allergic reaction benign, if non-existent. On top of that, since every living Outcast is life-dependent on Cardi, he would then be an outcast of Outcasts. Thus, a Corsair?

Very interesting subject matter. I'd like to see how it unfolds.
The RP for the character being allergic isn't up yet Im just trying to get an opinion like Negligentbeast said I would like to see how this matter unfolds.
' Wrote:Also, Cardamine is supposed to alter your DNA, thus rendering the allergic reaction benign, if non-existent. On top of that, since every living Outcast is life-dependent on Cardi, he would then be an outcast of Outcasts. Thus, a Corsair?

Very interesting subject matter. I'd like to see how it unfolds.

+1 ... I was thinking about the corsairs reading his purpose.
The corsairs are rejecting the cardamine, maybe not only for it's outcast own, but maybe for being allergic at.
Well he wouldn't have to be born with the allergy....it is pretty common to develop allergies later on in life, perhaps when he went out on a long mission, then he got the allergy...his DNA could be still genetically altered, except the body now purges any trace of the cardi substance, in probably a very painful manner. The body wouldn't necessarily attack itself then, because the altered DNA is just DNA, not cardi in any way shape or form. Or at least thats my simple thoughts on it
Alright I'll just go with the first idea I had than.

However what are the full on side effects of Cardamine?

Other than getting sick from not having it for long amounts of time.
' Wrote:Alright I'll just go with the first idea I had than.

However what are the full on side effects of Cardamine?

Other than getting sick from not having it for long amounts of time.

DNA alteration, addiction, <strike>having an orange tinge on the extremities</strike>.
Zapp's Zacharias Poncho is alergic to Cardamine.