Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: POB deployment in Single Player?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there a way to deploy a POB in single player, without the need to create a private server? Console commands dont work for me there.

Making it easy to deploy a POB in SP (for example make a restart with construction platform and all necessary commodities on board, possibly in various locations in Sirius) would help players new and old test-deploy a POB, write down the /pos, and replicate the (almost) exact location with the help of /pos on the multiplayer server.

Screenshots of the SP test-deployment could also be used to show the intended position when applying for IRP pob licenses, or showcase various theoretical locations.

This feature would furthermore make a relocation of poorly placed high level pobs easier if there are mod changes that require it, if that ever becomes a thing.

Would also be cool if you could upgrade the core very easily, to test locations for bases that are intended to become larger.
PoBs FLHook plugin, so obviously no. You can make NPC base which will look like pob through system modding, its maximum without server i think.
Maybe devs can activate certain FLHook stuff in SP?
FLHook literally hooks into FLServer's exe. You cannot have FLHook without FLServer, so this isn't possible.
Technically anything you can do in multiplayer you can do in SP. Pretty much all server functions work in SP with the client ID of 0. The big difference is the actual server calls have different addresses mapped to them. While it's technically possible, I don't think you'll find anyone willing to port FLHook over to single player because that would be like reinventing the wheel in the form of a square. A rather big waste of time really.
When you create FLhook server, you have a special console window. Which you can use to insert commands instead of writing them in game
You could though write there
setadmin YourPlayerName Superadmin

It will just create emtpy file in your char folder named Superadmin

it will enable writing admin commands which can be activated in game for example by
.beam YourPlanerName AtLeastPartialDestinationName

If you are out of luck, you can just write them in console window.