Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Thuringia Starsphere Vote | Brown vs Green
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Green (click me!) - This is my personal favorite. I think it gives the system a really spooky, alien look befitting of the system's lore. There are concerns that it might be out of place, but I don't necessarily share them, as there are many systems which have tints applied to make them stand out a little bit, like the darkened spheres used for Ontario and Munich.

Brown (click me!) - This one is more suited to the current look and feel of the system, being a more true reimagination of the existing starsphere and aiming to emulate the old look and feel of the Bremen starsphere. I'm less fond of this one, but some people may find it less out of place.

I'll make both starspheres available for download, but the vote here will help to determine which sphere is released with the next official patch to Discovery Freelancer, and be considered the 'canon' look of the system.

Downloads:

Thuringia Green
Thuringia Brown

Instructions:

Unzip starsphere_RH08.cmp file to DATA\Solar\Starsphere in your Discovery Freelancer install directory. By default, Discovery Freelancer installs to C:\Users\NAME\AppData\Local\Discovery Freelancer

Overwrite the existing starsphere when prompted to. This will not negatively affect your Discovery installation or trigger the anticheat in any way.

Please keep in mind that this starsphere will be overwritten when the next patch is deployed, so if you install the sphere which we choose not to release, you will need to redownload and unzip it over your install afterwards.
I cant help but think that Bremen, system to the north and well out of the way of Omegas shouldn't be overpowered by reds. Darker brown colors would fit but the "Brown" version has too much Omega about it.
Green looks more Rheinlandic to me. New Berlin in particular has the same kind of colorization, which fit its vanilla atmosphere as a pretty alien place in itself. Adding that feel to Thuringia I feel will add the same effect.
I like that you are putting things on community vote. (sun)
I mean people could not blame you because they decided it themselves, right?

I like green more.
I find the green one just seems to be all the way over there, not having any effect on me, whereas the brown one seems closer, more present and more involved in what is going on.
I've updated the original post with download links to both finished starspheres & installation instructions. Please enjoy responsibly.