Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Zoner Docking Rights
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Just postin' a poll.

In the spirit of disclosure, I pilot a Whale.

Please keep the thread civil.

Humor is encouraged, snark not so much.

Please give a thoughtful basis to your own viewpoint.
What about them? Where's the poll?
Poll's ready!

Second option is missing the word "space".
Zoner ID is powerful trading tool as it is but adding Freelancer bases to the mix should not rustle anyone's jimmies. There are only... two, one in Gallia and one in Rheinland?
It makes sense for Zoner Whales to be able to at least dock with Zoner bases - regardless of where they are.

Sure, they have their own advantages, but they're just as big a target for piracy as anyone else.
(02-02-2020, 10:08 PM)Omicron Wrote: [ -> ]Zoner ID is powerful trading tool as it is but adding Freelancer bases to the mix should not rustle anyone's jimmies. There are only... two, one in Gallia and one in Rheinland?

All Freelancer IFF bases are in borderworlds and Zoners are allowed to dock in them, there's only one Zoner base inside a House core system, in Pennsylvania, and as far as i know all Zoner IDed ships can dock there regardless of ship class.
Because Pennsylvania isn't in the list of "Sovereign House Space" systems, where Zoners just physically won't be able to land "Whale" (on any base, including POB). That's it.
To be honest, I've often hassled with this restriction, up to the point where I wanted to SRP a SpecOps ID to not have the limitations anymore. People were crying about how much of a no-no that would be but had no valid arguments on that, since you can simply take a Titanic with Samura/Republican ID, or literally any other corporate ID, and happily trade with almost any faction.

The big issue is that people are not entirely sure what it is the prevents Zoners INRP from docking Whales on stations in house space, which I personally always imagined as a sanction from house lawfuls and corporations against the Zoners for abandoning house space. However, why would criminals care about that, especially the Xenos, who at least in vanilla were at good terms with the Zoners. And then again, Zoners are rather individuals than one big group, so each Zoner has a different standing with groups, anyway. I did some runs for the Liberty Rogues, for example.

While I do not think that the limitation needs to be changed, I don't see reason why it should not get changed other than irrational disliking for indie Whales roaming around, as if they are worse than any other silent indie trader. There are better trading ships than the Whale and there are better trading IDs than the Zoner ID, and there has yet to come an official inRP explanation on why Zoner Whales are not permitted to dock on any non-Zoner station in sovereign house systems. (Which should be hard to give, given Junker bases are abused as docking spots for unlawful capitals.)
(02-02-2020, 10:53 PM)Save My Soul Wrote: [ -> ]Because Pennsylvania isn't in the list of "Sovereign House Space" systems, where Zoners just physically won't be able to land "Whale" (on any base, including POB). That's it.

^ Basically that, i see no point with this poll, zoners using Whales can dock in any zoner base present in the game right now.
the id says it all, you can't dock abouve 3.6 k transports and capital on house space. there isn't any zoner and freelancer on house space. Pennsylvania, and Omega 49 .. aka Exeter .. is controled house space so you can dock there without breaking the server rule .. now the laws of sirius rules, mainly liberty, says another thing about the capital ships. There is 4 freelancer bases, One Coronado is 3 on 1 base is not house space, not even controled house space, there is one on Cologne that is Rheinland controled house space, so you can dock there with the Zbt, and the same you can do on the one on Provence that is Gallia controled space, and the one on Sigma 13 is not even on house controled space. So ... no need for this poll, but if you want to dock your marvelous ZBT on any base, even on house sovereign space, join OSI.
Pages: 1 2 3