Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Stealing Ore
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Scenario: I'm a miner, acting with a partner in a transport, and dropping ore into space for said transport to come and collect. An unaffiliated ship, on a non-hostile ID that does not have any piracy lines, comes and scoops up the cargo without permission or payment.

Questions: Can I demand it back? Can I demand credits for it? Can I shoot the thief if they do not comply with these demands?
I'd agree with the the side that it should be allowed pretty much regardless of ID, and going after the thief should also be unquestionable. Even if you're a freelancer, you should be able to simply demand they drop the ore or else. Worst case they get away and you put out a bounty on them. If they're out thieving they shouldnt be infallable because the miners have their hands tied, and they know they are possibly going to get into trouble.
If you drop the ore it's free real estate, but you can [Image: jkf55kZ.png] if someone tractors your ore without prior permission or demands, regardless of ID, and refuses to give it back.

It just wouldn't make sense to deny players from defending their ore from theft.
I took the courtesy to add this quality engagement line to your signature, you big memer.
[Image: FwvkYW3.png]
Considering Hegemon is "Xeno Battleship" for a reason, I see no problem in miner deciding to take matters into his own hands and get his hard-earned ore with threat of violence.

Stealing should be considered a hostile action.
(02-12-2020, 12:46 AM)Omicron Wrote: [ -> ]Stealing should be considered a hostile action.

Not if you are a Junker... all that scrap, hanging around in space. Perfectly legal and FREE!!!!

Yo ho ho!
Just shoot them and worry about the repurcussions later. Castle doctrine.
Well, if you work your ass to mine some premium scrap in hazadus enviroment ,and some joker comes anong and think he cen help him self,most natural thing to do is blast him with your mining turrets until he die from laughter...
That's why my miner ships have installed Nova Torpedo Launcher + CD and two deliberator guns Wink (while having 5 mining turrets!)
Enough to put some dent in thief-transports.
Why did you not wait for the transport to be around? If you mine right next to him while he is targeted by you, the mined ore is transfered directly into his cargo hold. Then nobody can steal the ore, except by destroying the transport.
Pages: 1 2