Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Registration agreement & GDPR compliance
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The registration agreement has been reverted to its default state. It's been in this state for a while and has reopened the gates to the many issues that warranted its change in the first place as outlined in this thread: https://discoverygc.com/forums/showthrea...tid=131769

As it stands it restored Discovery's liability regarding the use of copyrighted content on its services.
It also seems there has been no news regarding GDPR compliance. Unless it's being planned to move the server to the US and block European users from accessing the server, is there any plan to resume work on this ?
Hi alley Heart
This does actually make me wonder. What kind of personal data does the forum collect that isn't otherwise visible to me or other members of the community? I know the staff have my IP address(es) and it counts for personal data according to GDPR, but I do wonder what else might be tracked there. It would also be nice to be able to see what I "consent" to give to the staff in terms of personal data when I use this forum/play the game.
(02-12-2020, 01:32 PM)Backo Wrote: [ -> ]This does actually make me wonder. What kind of personal data does the forum collect that isn't otherwise visible to me or other members of the community? I know the staff have my IP address(es) and it counts for personal data according to GDPR, but I do wonder what else might be tracked there. It would also be nice to be able to see what I "consent" to give to the staff in terms of personal data when I use this forum/play the game.

They collect your hardware specification data, along the lines of motherboard ID for example in order to ban you for your lowkey memery eventually. It's not the forum obviously, but personal data collection is a thing. And I don't think there's an agreement for this.

And who knows, maybe it came this far that devs are already jacking off at our stolen nudes.
Oh no my nudes! I hope devs enjoy of my hairy chest
Goverment already have all my nudes. Seriously, what this shit can collect to make anybody bother about.
If the Staff really want my number that badly, they can just ask me, sheesh.
Discovery is not GDPR compliant and never will be. Anybody spouting it becoming GDPR compliant was talking the proverbial bull and has no actual idea what they are/were talking about and did so safe in the knowledge that nobody else really does, either.
(02-12-2020, 01:32 PM)Backo Wrote: [ -> ]It would also be nice to be able to see what I "consent" to give to the staff in terms of personal data when I use this forum/play the game.
Nice idea, but there where bigger companies, who made this misstake. Trust me, i really don't like how the DSGVO was set, but for the DSGVO it isn't enough.

But also a very im portant part may be missed here:
The GDPR applies to companies, i.e. commercial institutions.
And I would not consider this forum or mod to be commercial.
And with that, the GDPR can essentially be ignored.
(02-12-2020, 07:41 PM)Nightowl Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-12-2020, 01:32 PM)Backo Wrote: [ -> ]It would also be nice to be able to see what I "consent" to give to the staff in terms of personal data when I use this forum/play the game.
Nice idea, but there where bigger companies, who made this misstake. Trust me, i really don't like how the DSGVO was set, but for the DSGVO it isn't enough.

But also a very im portant part may be missed here:
The GDPR applies to companies, i.e. commercial institutions.
And I would not consider this forum or mod to be commercial.
And with that, the GDPR can essentially be ignored.

I would highly recommend you read Article 2 of GDPR. It does not solely apply to legal entities. Discovery is not in any of the exclusion cases and certainly not 2.2c.
Pages: 1 2