Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Cruiser LM/Razor Balance Vote
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
As per my suggestion outlined in this post addressing concerns about the instakill potential of cruisers against smaller ships, this is a vote for whether or not to trial balance magic on cruiser mortars so that they can no longer instakill snubcraft, and re-introduce cruiser razors as hardcopies of gunboat razors with increased energy drain. The goal here would be to force cruisers to be less of a jack of all trades, and either focus more on anti-cap sniping or anti-snub sniping, or choose a more middle of the road loadout such as Cerberus.

Poll will close in one week.
This sounds like someone got smashed by cruiser Light Mortars too much and went to forums to vent his frustrations about his personal unpleasant experience. And, of all things, it was suggested to replace one instakill mechanic with another, giving the dev. team a little greater amount of meaningless workload.
Just revert the SNAC completely and keep things for cruisers as they are.

Meh.
that implementation of cruiser razors sounds incredibly useless
This sounds like hot trash. There is a 0% chance I would use a gunboat razor on a cruiser when I could use [literally any other gun].
Bunch of people got into a discussion on discord and now here we are.
magic on LM
Reintroduce Razors, but give them slightly more speed, range and make them LIGHT turrets (so you can mount tons of them). Make the power drain and refire rate deter people from making silly setups.
Just bring back .85 cap guns and loadouts pls
(02-14-2020, 05:09 AM)Wildkins Wrote: [ -> ]that implementation of cruiser razors sounds incredibly useless

(02-14-2020, 05:09 AM)Jayce Wrote: [ -> ]This sounds like hot trash. There is a 0% chance I would use a gunboat razor on a cruiser when I could use [literally any other gun].

I can give the both of you at least three solid reasons as to why these would be more effective on cruisers than they are on gunboats at doing the same job.
We have blasters already.
(02-14-2020, 06:42 AM)Durandal Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-14-2020, 05:09 AM)Wildkins Wrote: [ -> ]that implementation of cruiser razors sounds incredibly useless

(02-14-2020, 05:09 AM)Jayce Wrote: [ -> ]This sounds like hot trash. There is a 0% chance I would use a gunboat razor on a cruiser when I could use [literally any other gun].

I can give the both of you at least three solid reasons as to why these would be more effective on cruisers than they are on gunboats at doing the same job.

give me three solid reasons why i'd use them over another cruiser gun in the already hotly contested heavy slot and maybe I'll listen

ed: also they better be more effective than gunboat razors at doing the same job given that gunboat razors are also terrible for the same reason
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5