Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: BS and BC Nanobots
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What was the justification for removing nanobots from BSes and BCes?

In PvP interactions they are arguably negligible, but in a PvE situation they are more useful.

Of course one could use the "realism card", but on that premise you should remove nanobot usage from all ship classes. No instant hull healing for anyone.

Any chance on having nanobots returned to the big caps?
The only advantage is picking up nanobots in pve combat.

PVE is not a priority on discovery as it's a game focused on player interaction.

Having bots merged into hull for these ships allows repair ships to be useful, gives you a good feeling to how far you downed that ship and for many removes the option of being instakilled.
More HP
Bring back the nanobots for Battleships and Battlecruisers?

Oh hell no.
(02-16-2020, 04:10 PM)bakugandenis2013 Wrote: [ -> ]Bring back the nanobots for Battleships and Battlecruisers?

Oh hell no.

Thank you for your breathtaking insight.
(02-16-2020, 04:02 PM)Skorak Wrote: [ -> ]The only advantage is picking up nanobots in pve combat.

PVE is not a priority on discovery as it's a game focused on player interaction.

Having bots merged into hull for these ships allows repair ships to be useful, gives you a good feeling to how far you downed that ship and for many removes the option of being instakilled.

Sure, PvE isn't a priority, but many players spend more time combating NPCs than other players. Roleplaying takes many forms.
I can't even remember the last time I witnessed or participated in a battle that had repair ships.
I can also imagine the repair ship being one of the first vessels to be targeted and taken out of the equation. Kill the healer asap.
This isn't a personal critique against you, but the reasoning for no nanobots is, imo, flimsy.
Lets actually remove them from cruisers and gunboats too
No nanos on cap ships actually gets rid of probably the most annoying thing that happens in a combat brawl with fighters - feeding. So I'm pretty content without having them. I even agree with Shooter, buff the armor of gunboats / destroyers / cruisers and remove the nanos completely.
(02-16-2020, 04:42 PM)TheShooter36 Wrote: [ -> ]Lets actually remove them from cruisers and gunboats too

Why stop there?
No nanobots = Improves player interaction and pvp fights
Nanobots = Improve cap missions

The decision was fairly simple here really. I'd personally love to have them removed from further big vessels and leave them for small craft only.
Pages: 1 2