Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: 'Aktivist' - Unioner Superheavy Concept. (Early Draft)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
https://p3d.in/LsESa < - Current display model. Currently very early and full of errors. Needs smoothing.

[Image: JlcRIt5.png?1]
[Image: CkqwHcu.png?1]

Please give general design thoughts. It's an attempt to do something distinct from the Arbeiter/Solidaritat (not just tacking on more parts) but still fitting the style. If people like how it looks I'll finish the model and texture it.
oof
SHFs are absolutely unfun to deal with ingame. It looks neat though.
(02-20-2020, 03:15 PM)SnakThree Wrote: [ -> ]SHFs are absolutely unfun to deal with ingame. It looks neat though.

It could also be a heavy bomber. Was thinking Super-heavy for solo piracy. I figured if I was going to try to make my first submittable ship, I'd do something of my own faction to reduce the likelihood that if it completely screws up balance-wise, I don't ruin somebody else's day.

Thanks. Glad you like the look.
maybe change the cockpit. It really doesn't look that attractive.
yeah the cockpit is wild but the rest of it looks nice actually

i do have to second the comments of despising SHFs as a general balance concept but hey
I absolutely love that engine design, it reminds me somehow Stellions design. Great job, keep it up!
It be better if you don't separate the engines
Agreed, the cockpit windows are too small. I'll change them.

As for the split engines - the split engines will make the ship easier to snac, I'm aware of that. I still want to try it since it gives great rear visuals. The 'V' engine pattern wouldn't work if they were cojoined and that area of hull would have to be filled anyway, which wouldn't reduce its snac'able profile.
(02-20-2020, 05:50 PM)Riehl Wrote: [ -> ]Agreed, the cockpit windows are too small. I'll change them.

As for the split engines - the split engines will make the ship easier to snac, I'm aware of that. I still want to try it since it gives great rear visuals. The 'V' engine pattern wouldn't work if they were cojoined and that area of hull would have to be filled anyway, which wouldn't reduce its snac'able profile.

it's the overall shape. Try something new that does not resemble an egg with windows.
Pages: 1 2