Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Full Circle
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3

> rat8757HGFN-E.sh -load /v /a pwd: ******************
> video feeds connected and loading
> audio emitters slaved
> initiating 8757HGFN-E feed.

Cargo Ship 'Utopia' | Planet Eire - Liberty

The ship finished its landing procedure and the cargo bay doors opened. Families started to exit the cargo bay through the access ramp, belongings in hand and several awaiting groups, probably kin as well appeared to greet them. In the middle of that impromptu generated crowd, a man in his thirties, heavy beard and glasses, exited last with a small duffle bag and looked up into the sky. Two men broke off from the crowd and went to greet him.

"Blue sky above us and liberty under our feet. Glad you're here, Dwayne."
-The leanest of the two said as they approached the bearded man. A closer look indicated that the biggest of the two had his hands in his pockets.
"I had liberty, now not any longer, Phillip."
- The bearded man replied, and after that they shared a hug.
"Welcome to Planet Eire. She's at Edmonton Park. Do you want to freshen up?"

> 8757HGFN-E paused.
>[Image: white_small_blinking_text_cursor_by_neri...6uua0j.gif]

Keller seemed stiff, nervous even. He was ordinarily a stoic man incapable of properly revealing just what lay underneath the countenance he provided onlookers with. It was a small contrast, but one which implied great significance of how important this meeting must have been to him. "That would be best, yes." Kaze had told him that much once before, always good to meet your partner with some degree of dignity and due diligence about oneself. Though he wasn't quite sure if the partnership was a mutually recognized one anymore.

He seemed to take a moment to blink his eyes slowly and quite forcefully, either the sudden change from the ship interior to the light from outside proved jarring to him, or he simply didn't believe he was actually standing here right now. A free man in a House that would have otherwise had him arrested and sent to a location with no record of its existence.
The weather was nice. Sun shone through the sparse clouds, and Alejandro was running like a madman alongside other children in the playground not even twenty meters away. While she only had one day off per week, which did not left much time to deal with the day-to-day house affairs or even to actually stop and breath, the day just relentlessly invited her to the park since the day began and to spend a couple of hours in peace, in casual conversation with another mothers and reading just felt right.

The past two years were a whirlwind in her life, leaving her heart broken, moving around planets and stations like she was a criminal on the run, yet for the past eight months she was finally safe and with a stable job. The news, months ago, detailed the death of the Bretonian woman that helped her move around and keeping herself and her son safe. A small pang of sadness filled her as the sun shone harder over her, remembering the news. The woman was after all an Admiral of Bretonia, someone that should hate her ilk, yet was the actual opposite. Thinking it through, she laughed to herself. It only came to her there and then that it was common in her life. Lukas was the same. She wondered of his fate and the smile left her face as quickly it appeared. His scent and his voice left a void that she could not fill, but he was the one that had pushed her away. Pushing those thoughts away, she looked at her son, cleaning his pants from falling onto the sand, an smile in his face blessed by the bliss of being a child. Lukas came back to her mind like it had never really left.

"Lukas.."

She whispered.

Just when he felt he'd surmounted this wave of anxiety, the tide simply rolled back up over the shore and drowned him under it. Soon after his name was uttered Keller would come into full view after his familiar silhouette became increasingly apparent from the corner of her eyes. They'd exchange a look that seemed to last an eternity, with Keller freezing on the spot and feeling apprehensive about the idea of approaching any further. All the while his mind was scolding him for behaving like a child. It took everything he had to clear the distance and arrive beside the bench she was seated on. "May I sit with you?" Had this been a few years prior he would have stuttered or even just choked on the words outright. The sight of her son enjoying the sort of life he felt he'd been denied was heartwarming enough to motivate him.

If there were any doubts about who he was, then it was clear now. From the way he spoke to her and the remorseful green eyes. Once again he needed to remind himself that he was really here and that this wasn't a fever dream inspired by what he truly wanted.
Her mind was unable to adjust to what just happened. The mere thought of him and he was there. What, how, when ran through her mind, crashing into each other in confusion like it was destruction derby, leaving the only scattered debris to exit her mouth.

"Cómo?..."

He asked to sit next to her, but all her she could do was looking at him with her mouth slightly open and in shock. A sudden child laugh however brought her back to the world. Taking account of the situation, she closed her mouth and for Alejandro, who fortunately was busy building something with a friend in the sandbox. Looking back at Lukas ever so quickly, she tensed, looked at the playground and scooted over, giving way for him to sit. Slowly, he sat and looked at her.

"What are you doing here? How are you here?"

Her voice was a whisper. To the normal passerby it was evident something was amiss due to her face, but thanks to the great weather, most of them were preoccupied with the joy of themselves.

It was a good question. But he had to ask it of himself as well. "I was contacted by some people. I think they must have known Kaze. I don't quite understand how it all happened myself, but supposedly you were a part of the file they had on me." He turned ever so slightly to enable a more direct view of her, she seemed to be having a good day and looked nice. Evidently her life on this planet was working out to a great degree. It stung because he felt like he'd failed to provide her with the same thing.

"I missed you." It might have seemed ironic given that he was the one who suggested distance to begin with, but the words felt genuine regardless. He had no way of knowing how she'd react to his visit, and so far he had little expectation of this ending on a positive note. Right now all he wanted to do was hold her hand, but he remained too anxious to take such initiative.
She knew she missed him, his voice, but until now only she realized the magnitude of how much. Yet the remembrance of the last time they were together flooded her memory.

"How can you miss me if you pushed me away? What changed? You had vacations from being an generalissimo and you decided to go on a dare and see if the Liberty pendejos would catch you?"

The edge on her voice was real. After all, it was like that meeting in Freeport One happened just yesterday. Yet, she couldn't deny her feelings.

"I missed you too."

She let it escape, like a welcomed opening through the fury that she was feeling from reliving those memories.

To hear that eventually reciprocated did a lot for his composure. He visibly relaxed as if some kind of weight had been lifted from his shoulders. But now he owed her an honest explanation "I did what I thought I had to, when I killed the man that hurt you, it revealed the fact that I was acting in your interests to.. bad people. And they were eager to control me through you. I didn't want that, not for your son." It didn't appear to be any easier for him to recollect the last conversation they had. In fact the trauma that he'd incurred as a consequence of that decision necessitated a pause.

"One of them confronted me and said that if I really loved you then I would have just walked away and disappeared to be with you. And so I did. I resigned my office, turned my back on everything and everyone I would have associated with from that life. And I went straight to Bretonia. That's why I can be here right now." He sighed, as if he were growing increasingly emotional having this conversation with her. "I've made many poor decisions in my life. But without a doubt, the poorest of which was choosing to not fight for what we had. For you." Even though it ran the risk of upsetting her, Keller reached out for Kira's hand. And if she didn't stop him then he would hold it like he had on several other occasions.
His words filled her heart with hope. He was free, done with the life of war and the everyday fear? Her hand grabbed his and she took them to her lips.

"No more wars? You will stay with us forever?"

Moment of truth, he had to be honest and he felt the pressure of it for a moment. "I've been trying to get citizenship in Bretonia. A family needs a home, and a soldier has to love what's behind him. I want to enlist with the Armed Forces if at all possible, I owe Dagon that much. But it'll be different this time, it feels different and I can't properly express why. But I want both of you there with me. I just hope you feel the same."

Sprague immediately came to mind as he glanced towards Alejandro, the boy needed a father figure. Someone better than the man he was really related to. He was so close to having what he wanted, and he couldn't wait to have her meet his parents. It had been a long time since he saw either of them and the only reason he hadn't seen them yet after their resettlement into Bretonia is because he felt he needed to make a man of himself first. He believed that what he'd just said was the best way to do that.
Pages: 1 2 3