Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Real Life Issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
As if I haven't had enough thrown at me since November when my Dad died, last week, my son attempted suicide for the second time and again, I had to be the one who caught him doing it and stopped him. I wouldn't wish this on even my worst enemy. That said, I took him to get help....IMMEDIATELY. He is now getting that help and I told him to take as long as he needs.

My message to you all: If you need help, ask for it. If you or someone you know or love needs help, offer it or get it for them. Don't wait...please. Nothing is so bad that life has to end over it.
He's doing better but we still have a long way to go. I'm still around as I juggle things around.
Sorry to hear that. If you need to talk, I'm here.
I confirm it's hard to be a father. Kids are either jerks, or want to kill their selves. Or to kill each other.

I started to play to kill my kid, but bastard trained a lot to become a cap ace. It became very difficult.

About your kid, I'm totally wrong person to give you any useful advice. I'll quote one really smart dude instead:

“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
~ John Lennon
That is the worst thing to see your child death via suicide. I have no kids of my own, but as a uncle, i treat my nieces and nephews as if they were mine and just thinking of that already got the heavy sorrow feeling over me. God has giving you two signs already that your child needs immediate help and you were there and caught him on the act!

Before, depression was overpowering me and it was affecting everything in my life and around me. Lack of socializing, no motivation to play games, loosing trust, it basically sucked all my fun in me and it because of my past; that was the root of it all. It came to point that suicidal thoughts came to mind and that is where i said to myself that I shouldn’t be holding on to the past. I needed to talk. It was the best thing I ever did because i just let out everything that was tormenting me in my mind that was causing me to be so locked-up in my own body.

Talking to someone you trust helps a lot in self healing the depressive, emotional wounds. Continually be there for your son, Dr. Holiday. He needs really close friend and family around him more than ever!

I cannot say that I overcome my past, but I am doing a whole lot better than before.
Stay strong Doc.
Stay strong Doc.+1
I am very sorry to hear this! I wish you much strength in this difficult time!
Same goes for you Doc. If you need anyone to talk to, you know where to find me.
Oh fu.. stay strong, Doc. Take all the time you need, I am sure you will manage to solve the situation together with your son. It will be hard but so endlessly worth it, don't let go ever. I lost someone to this crap already, so just don't go and lose your son to it. Wish you and especially him all the best, a quick recovery and much to smile about once this whole crap is overcome!
Stay strong, Doc.
Pages: 1 2