Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Please consider moving or changing IFF of POB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Please consider the possibility of making new rule that allows IFF and location changes as long as it is not malicious, abusive or exploit.
I think it's inherently problematic that ownership change is permitted (and not even in any way regulated), but moving isn't.

It seems exploitative to say the least to receive permission for something under one owner, then move it to another who never would have received that permission in the first place. Goldern Coin actually roleplayed this whole process out deliberately, and I'm sure many of us remember the joys of that particular POB.

It isn't unreasonable for, say, a house government to request a (minor) move together with the new owners of a base. Not cross-system, just something like <10k. It doesn't seem like it would be catastrophically difficult to decide on a case-by-case basis if such a request is legitimate.
I thought this wasn't done because of technical stuff. If that isn't the case I agree that it should be available for players to move their bases if RP is sufficient/demands it.
Bases have been moved in the past, so there's obviously no technical limitations of it. There are no rules against it either, it's been just a policy to only move them if a mod change turns them either too advantageous or disadvantageous and harm gameplay either for the owners or for everyone else. There has been exceptions to that policy though, when bases were moved without a mod change occurring, but a recent warning pointed out the arbitrary nature of such decisions.

I too agree that such rule would benefit the community better than the lack of it.
All I know is, I sure hope they don't prohibit moving bases or changing IFF's because of the work load.

Why not make it earnable? Let people cash in credits for a move, limit to one move of up to 20k per X months...and for changing IFF's too. Because it would certainly have a practical use, people would use it if they could.And I suppose they can always refuse repeaters who seem to just want to move for fun. But say they allowed 1 20k move every 3 or 6 months, it would avoid situations like in the warning.

The other thing is, bases in house space probably should be sold inrp. Like a house gov would want to know right, sadly I feel if you build within the jurisdiction of a house, like in RL, you'd need to inform and clear it with the gov. That could have also helped avoid a mix up.

As to IFF changes, if staff approved them, they could make sure bases don't 180 suddenly too. If indi rogues built a base in rogue territory, then they sell to a police faction, they shouldnt really be able to make it a police base any more than you can take a rogue ship and make them a police ship.
reasons to move the base

its like right on top of baltimore and its gay

https://i.imgur.com/h6K4Dkt.jpg
oh its THAT god damn monstrosity urgh
its essentially just long island but not at manhattan
i cant believe its even allowed to exist, yeah thanks for being there and further iscouraging people like xenos to come and shoot things (hint honk cruiser/gunboat patrols still exist)

move it 900k above plane out of my sight
Great place for a rule suggestion!

The construction of player bases within 10K of any object that
  1. is dockable,
  2. is armed, or
  3. has an atmosphere or corona
shall be forbidden.
Yeah,

I was unpleasantly surprised to see the POB that close to static dockable solars. Do you guys know how much of an issue it is to land on the right base there with out being right on top of the base you want to dock on? You click on the object from any more than 2k away and you struggle to select the correct place to dock EG: Baltimore Shipyard base, Baltimore Shipyard extension; tradelane to Pittsburgh. Everytime you try to select any of those three you always tend to select the POB first, no matter how you try click on the base you actually want to dock on with out using the solars list.

Generally building permits require more than just money thrown at people. It requires consideration for all neighboring properties (Even as a general rule of thumb in NY, the laws state it should be x-amount away from such and such)

If the base were to get to anything bigger than C4, it's physical shape will then be very close if not touching Baltimore Station itself.
(03-10-2020, 12:51 AM)Grumblesaur Wrote: [ -> ]Great place for a rule suggestion!

The construction of player bases within 10K of any object that
  1. is dockable,
  2. is armed, or
  3. has an atmosphere or corona
shall be forbidden.

no

just let us move bases instead

sanction lancer is cancer and you need to stop suggesting more ways to get people sanctioned
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6