Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: We also need a new torpedo (and torpedo boats)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
removed
Because there are not enough missiles/torpedos to put on Gunboats already? And no I haven't ready your wall of text.
(03-11-2020, 09:35 PM)LV-426 Wrote: [ -> ]Because there are not enough missiles/torpedos to put on Gunboats already? And no I haven't ready your wall of text.

Maybe you should bud. This would be a much different case. Last time I checked GB's didnt use anti-cap long range torps.

PS those commenting might do well to muster the attention span to read a whole post! I know you can do it! The more you try, the easier it gets!
(03-11-2020, 09:40 PM)Binski Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-11-2020, 09:35 PM)LV-426 Wrote: [ -> ]Because there are not enough missiles/torpedos to put on Gunboats already? And no I haven't ready your wall of text.

Maybe you should bud. This would be a much different case. Last time I checked GB's didnt use anti-cap long range torps.

PS those commenting might do well to muster the attention span to read a whole post! I know you can do it! The more you try, the easier it gets!

Nah, it was already enough when I read torpedo/missile boats. Like you're pretending that people do not use missiles/torps on gbs at all kek
(03-11-2020, 09:54 PM)LV-426 Wrote: [ -> ]

Nah, it was already enough when I read torpedo/missile boats. Like you're pretending that people do not use missiles/torps on gbs at all kek

They dont for this, or like this. An anti fighter missile or a gb razor is not nearly the same thing. Maybe you'll read this: its a super heavy torp where you get only 5, are unguided rockets, and have a huge explosion at the end. Its called an 'area' weapon. It would turn all gb's into little submarines (torpedo boats). I think you are under the impression that gunboats arent the least flown class (next to freighters) with the least purpose and arent victims of being in the middle ground of the balance system, leaving them everyone's last choice except for full solaris funboats. People could still do that and bring a few super torps to a cap fight. Or they might have an actual chance using a gb to pirate a CAU8 5k'er. Either way it would get more gb's out to cap fights. They are the easiest targets in cap fights, the chance to make good use of a super torp would get more out for that.
I'd be more than glad if light and medium boats could fire the Annihilator torpedo. That would be a nice start.
i'd be more glad if the old gunboat setups came back into play where no heavy slots existed mount anything anywhere. it was much more fun
I need a torpedo to commit massive whale kill
So, a large Gunboat SNAC with a rocket engine. I'd still say bombers are much more effective when trying to fight caps and are way cheaper. Oh and using a Gunboat to take out a Cap 8 transport, well you can do that it just takes time.
(03-11-2020, 10:06 PM)Binski Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-11-2020, 09:54 PM)LV-426 Wrote: [ -> ]

They dont for this, or like this. An anti fighter missile or a gb razor is not nearly the same thing. Maybe you'll read this: its a super heavy torp where you get only 5, are unguided rockets, and have a huge explosion at the end. Its called an 'area' weapon. It would turn all gb's into little submarines (torpedo boats). I think you are under the impression that gunboats arent the least flown class (next to freighters) with the least purpose and arent victims of being in the middle ground of the balance system, leaving them everyone's last choice except for full solaris funboats. People could still do that and bring a few super torps to a cap fight. Or they might have an actual chance using a gb to pirate a CAU8 5k'er. Either way it would get more gb's out to cap fights. They are the easiest targets in cap fights, the chance to make good use of a super torp would get more out for that.
I'm under the impression that you don't play the game. The last time I saw an Cau8 transport 5ker or not is literally meph on his GMG| 5ker. People do play gunboats but you cannot use them properly against caps because they are not really meant to since GB Cerbs are utter garbage even against other Gunboats, the rule is basically you get to close to a cap on a GB you're dead.

Talking about piracy, there is only ONE way to pirate proplery and that is a Junker ID Pirate Tranpsort - period. There are so many armorless Transports going on that you don't even need a Gunboat but LOL WHO PIRATES IN A GUNBOAT KEKEKEKEKEK and the one Cau8 transport you encounter is literally a rare sight except if you're pirating Ageira~. Also please don't talk about GB Razors since this is the only thing that requires skill (ok Turret Steering requires still too) on a GB and people aren't even willing to train anything these days they usually just qq on discords cuz "muh bs/bc/cruiser or gb got killed by four bombers Sad" even full Solaris GBs are a joke if not a proper person is using them even then they still die to proper bomber pilots/vhf pilots.

I'm still not getting WHY we need this and how your life WITHOUT them is bad.
Pages: 1 2