Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Natio Octavarium | Subject: Fort Diamond
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
...hack.initiated...connecting.to.Spyglass.Network...decryption.in.progress...
...Emissary.Wolfgang.Weisen.recognized...transmission.encrypted...
...uploading.data...

[Image: CygGpT5.png][Image: 4.png]
[Image: 109.png][Image: 94.png][Image: 95.png][Image: 100.png]

Esteemed allies,

How are you? We hope that Natio continues to grow and prosper in this era of peace between the five Houses. But have no illusions that your expansion will always remain unnoticed; Kusari in particular could become a threat to your people.

Anyway. I believe you have noticed our recent developments. So I was wondering if you would be interested in supporting Fort Diamond with shipments. Understandably, Bering is a bit far from your traditional operational zones and the logistical support you can provide will be small but nevertheless I believe it will be an excellent opportunity to improve your relations with the Red Hessians, the ultimate authority of Rheinland's underworld.

However I want to warn you that Liberty and particularly the Unioners are looking into finding its exact location. Like mad dogs looking for easy prey. So you need to make sure your transports are not followed, experienced crews only.

...encryption.in.progress...disconnecting.from.network...hack.terminated...
[ Incoming Transmission ]

Identification: Coordinator Paracusia
Affiliation: Octavarium Intelligence Commission

To: Emissary Wolfgang Weisen

Subject: Fort Diamond
Encryption: Layered

Coordinator Paracusia, OIC Tactical Logistics Command. Good to meet you, Emissary.

Gallia, Kusari, and Bretonia alike are all considered potential threats. All are licking their wounds from recent losses, and all are likely to look to the resources of Tau, justifying a land grab with the paper-thin pretense of "recovery efforts". Conflict between Crayter and Malta is also expected to be an inevitable hazard now that they're not mutually distracted by the invasion.

Basically, life in Tau is back to normal.

To business, then. Supply of a Hessian installation. Yes, a trusted contractor should be available to assist. I'll pass along all the necessary information.

Coordinator Paracusia
Octavarium Intelligence Commission

[ Transmission Ended ]

...uploading.data...

Excellent!

Coordinator, I am going to forward you the exact coordinates privately. Once your trusted contractor finishes with his work, please forward your bill here in order to be paid.

The Red Hessians & Lane Hackers thank you for your support. We now know where your true allegiances lie.

...uploading.data...

Coordinator Paracusia I need to inform you that Fort Diamond has been destroyed, not by the Navy (who never found it) but by a far more nefarious adversary, the Unioners.

We don't understand the reasons why Frei's Unioners would destroy a station that was not threatening to their safety or harming their interests one bit and create new enemies in the process. Thus we suspect there was a kill contract from Liberty, which they executed and got subsequently paid for it.

As a result all supply plans to Fort Diamond are to be cancelled. If you're interested in supporting our operations against the Unioners in Liberty's south however, you're more than welcome.

[ Incoming Transmission ]

Identification: Coordinator Paracusia
Affiliation: Octavarium Intelligence Commission

To: Emissary Wolfgang Weisen

Subject: Fort Diamond
Encryption: Layered

We've just completed an internal investigation to ensure there wasn't a leak.

Perhaps their jumpiness is related to that civil war in Rheinland. I've heard rumors of Unioners supporting the Imperialist camp, after all. I at least hoped they'd remember how nationalist-populist movements tend to end for the common man - killed during an invasion against an imagined enemy, killed because he wasn't 'pure' enough, dead of disease while glorious leader blames the Other and saves himself and his cronies.

(They sigh, disappointed.)

If they won't learn from history, they'll learn from experience.

Regarding operations against the Unioners, we do have some interest, but we would like to fully ascertain the situation in Rheinland first. You know as well as I the need to tread carefully in a shifting landscape. Any up-to-date information you can provide would be helpful.

Coordinator Paracusia
Octavarium Intelligence Commission

[ Transmission Ended ]

...Deceiver.Mr.Ling.recognized...encoding.transmission...
...uploading.data...

[Image: 138a.png][Image: 3.png]

Greetings, Paracusia. I am Mr. Ling, responsible for Lane Hacker's recent reports from Rheinland. Long story short, the situation is far beyond out of control. Unioners have started a massive civil war, leading an attempted Imperialist regime against the government, and have taken control of most military assets. The only defenders I found was the Büro des Marinenachrichtendiensts. My colleague and I only made it as far as The RIng before we were intercepted by multiple wings of Unioner and Military fighters and several warships. Every system in Rheinland is swarming with extremely hostile Imperialists, and personally I do not suggest entering for any purpose other than combat, because combat is nearly guaranteed.

Do with this information as you see fit, friend. I hope to see you on the right side of wrong.