Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Introducing a new ship
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This maybe a long shot

BUT

If say I was to model a ship and wanted to try and introduce it to the game what would be the way to do it
Can anyone help and give info.

I am lead to understand you cant import other vessels from other games which is not what we want to do.

I am not going to give much detail at present but

Do i have to make a roleplay thread to do it
What else do i have to do other than design the ship
I do have people involved who can do the modelling hopefully
And do the infocards n stuff

Just need some guidance on what else i am required to do

PLEASE post and give me some info and help

MUCH appreciated
Quote:If say I was to model a ship and wanted to try and introduce it to the game what would be the way to do it
Can anyone help and give info.

There is no try; just do it. The best way is to do it yourself, the modeling, or get someone to help you.

Quote:I am lead to understand you cant import other vessels from other games which is not what we want to do.

You are correct.

Quote:I am not going to give much detail at present but

Do i have to make a roleplay thread to do it
What else do i have to do other than design the ship
I do have people involved who can do the modelling hopefully
And do the infocards n stuff

Just need some guidance on what else i am required to do

If its something you want to put effort and dedication, a story background on the character that is going to fly the said ship would be neat.

Once the model is completed and textured you will need to start contacting a Dev member. Present your model to them, but have at least a character/story that has an in-game/forum reputation with other player characters just to build up a solid background and as to why and how you acquire it. If it is an open to public ship, then that is optional.

The devs will then review the model, and if it passes, you will then have to get it hardpoints and hitboxed. Then wait for a few years to get it in-game.
great info thanks for that

will get on it and see where it takes us

*HAPPY* smile