Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: World of Warships
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone here play it?

I'm currently on the Asian server, playing under the 'trader_mickk' name.

Not doing premium too much, I have a T6 Cruiser (Perth) and a T8 Cruiser (Cheshire) that are premium ships

Easy game to get into and understand, simple controls, with LOTS of ships to use from various nations.

The cool thing is that 99% of the ships are/were ACTUAL ships or ships that were planned to be built but never got completed.

Have a look, it might be an alternative to Disco, if you happen to holed up for some reason.

Can't play Disco all the time, right?

*runs and hides after making that last statement.
The balance is just like in Disco, you'll feel right at home
They are giving 14 days of premium time now btw
bad game not fun
(03-21-2020, 04:04 PM)Lucas Wrote: [ -> ]The balance is just like in Disco, you'll feel right at home

I'm enjoying myself quite a bit.
Of course there have been one or two things that have happened with players making us fail one of the weekly operations by purposely blocking a ship when we had in the bag, but that stuff happens right?

Otherwise, the learning curve is not too steep and it can be a lot of fun figuring it out.
Destroyers are basically, crappy guns, fast engines and torpedoes wrapped in a tinfoil shell that explode if you sneeze on them, but they are so fast compared to anything else that if you keep your wits about you, you can survive the match most of the time.

I'm more into Cruisers though.

(03-21-2020, 04:08 PM)TheShooter36 Wrote: [ -> ]They are giving 14 days of premium time now btw

Yeah, I know. It's because of CV19. For FREE too.
There are LOTS of new people playing right now because they are staying home, so team quality has dropped apparently.
I wouldn't know because I have only been playing a few weeks myself and my skills are not up to scratch yet.
Don't get me wrong, the game can be very fun.

If there's no Carriers.
If it's not weekend.
If your average teammate isnt above 50 years old.
If you got no walletwarriors.

If all those if's are met then its probably one of my fav games, but sadly this happens less and less often.
Imagine crying about carriers instead of just getting good and evading strikes
There is this interesting thing called PRIORITY-SECTOR AA. You should try to use it if you have problems to evade carriers. Smile

Also. Swapped from playing on EU to NA about a year ago. Was the best choice of my life.
Interesting game if you can sink time into it. I've played it and I'm not a big fan personally. Prefer Disco, in all honesty.
Why sail fake real boats when I can fly fake fake boats in SpAcE!!!!!
(03-21-2020, 04:54 PM)Lucas Wrote: [ -> ]Don't get me wrong, the game can be very fun.

If there's no Carriers.
If it's not weekend.
If your average teammate isnt above 50 years old.
If you got no walletwarriors.

If all those if's are met then its probably one of my fav games, but sadly this happens less and less often.

That bit in bold/italic.

REALLY?

I'm 53.
Age doesn't mean a lot when it comes to gaming.

Aside from that, a well played Carrier can be a real asset.

Weekends are when I get to play more because I work during the week.

Wallet Warriors. I like that term, however if it wasn't for them Warships probably would not be as good as it is.
I've spent about the same amount of $$ on this game as I did buying NFS:Heat (another good game despite what everyone says) and used that to get one or two premium ships (a Destroyer and a Cruiser).