Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Standardize Quickdock points
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Trying to dock your ship in disco can be a very annoying experience, and is a very annoying experience for many people, because your ships keep slowly flying around endlessly while possibly being pummeled to death.

The mod would look better if docking was easier for everyone and especially newly impressionable or notoriously unimpressed newfriends.

I know that his whole community is built around "I know exactly what to do in every single situation because I've been spending all my time here for 5 years and that should be my personal advantage so everyone else needs to have it worse than me because that makes me feel good"

Just putting it out there that if every station had one gigantic light at one quickdock point, this mod could actually suck less for many people.

I dont expect anyone in pixelpower to care or even remotely understand this post.

Thank you for not listening.
Pretty much agree for the most part, with one exception:

I'd like to see quickdock points deleted entirely, and replaced with aesthetically appropriate mooring points on the actual station model. No more transports ramming the control tower, more mooring wings like those seen on Fort Bush style stations.
Fresh players are only thing that can keep this game alive, so evrithing that can make their life easirer is OK by me.
Something like this?

(03-27-2020, 10:38 AM)Xalrok Wrote: [ -> ]Something like this?

That would be super helpful especially to new players
good idea not bad.
That would make the whole experience much better! Please do.
I have been playing this game for almost 12 years now (with pauses) and I sometimes still can't hit the quickdock points on certain stations.

Idea supported.
me likey
(03-27-2020, 10:38 AM)Xalrok Wrote: [ -> ]Something like this?

Yes. I guess it wouldnt have to be exactly where the quickdock is, but attached to the station reasonably near the actual quickdock point, what ever is more aesthetically pleasing. Also wouldnt have to be the biggest brightest light if that looks weird, but something that is easy to recognize by using the same color, size, and pulse frequency so they can easily verbally be described as "a quick dock point is always at the small red pulsating light". It would also be enough to put the lights on at least one quickdock point on every station (the one where it looks the most logical as a mooring point), and just leave out putting lights on quickdocks where it would look weird. And if the convention would be to make quickdocks at the "small red quickly pulsating light", remove existing lights that look similar if they dont have a quickdock point near them.

It may end up looking to weird to implement in the end, but if lights dont have hitboxes and dont bump ships, would it be possible to stick those directional lights that shine in only one direction and are considerably weaker when seen from the other side on quickdock points of lanes and gates? The red/green on the tradelane rings either dont exist or dont show up on some lanes because of ambient light conditions or something.
Pages: 1 2 3 4