Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Hello
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello! I'm your new resident newbie! :D
I'm new to RP in general, been reading over the guides and rules, seems a little overwhelming :wacko:
Hopefully i can learn to be competent at it
Welcome! The guides are a good read and the rules are a must read.

Follow the rules as closely as you can and follow the principles they embody whenever possible.

Read and follow the guides for what they are: guides.

People generally try to answer questions, so ask if you need to.

The vast majority of people here use Skype, getting and using it could help you both in the short and long run. Some people have their Skype names in their profiles, but there is also a list here: http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?sh...=25332&st=0 (mine's not on it, but it's eyvindm).

Congratulations, my first welcome post that I spent more than 30 seconds on! Did I already say... Welcome!
Welcome to Disco. The RP side might seem difficult at first but it simply boils down to becoming a member (whether independant or player factioned) of a certain faction, using the weapons and ships of that faction, and only entering areas where that faction would be (for example, I don't fly my BAF templar to the omicrons, and my Liberty rogue has never gone to Kusari), then acting like a member of that faction, e.g. a police character would halt smugglers and possibly assist the military or hunt pirates, while a pirate would disrupt lanes and extort trders.
Oh, and beware of communist penguins, also known as the SCRA. They are not very friendly, neither are Phantoms, Keepers or Das Wilde.
hi welcome to disco and read rules..they are very important...and enjoy
Welcome!
Enjoy it and have fun!;)
hullo, welcome around and have fun ^^
Welcome to the forums and server.
Read the rules, or you can get in trouble by accident.
Be nice and respective to others, we are all people trying to have fun.
RP properly, and ask anything you want. You can even ask what RP is, if you don't know what it is( This was the case with me when I started out ).

Also, I recommend joining one of the official factions with all my heart.
Greetings. Indeed you are right to think it can be a little overwhelming at times, luckily the community and admins are very friendly and will usually tell you if you are doing something wrong. I recommend reading through some sanction reports to help you get a firmer grasp on the rules. If you have any questions feel free to post them or PM someone. Since you are new to roleplay we would also be glad to provide feedback for anything you might come up with, be it idea or fleshed out story.

Good luck and have fun!
welcome and have fun in space!
Pages: 1 2