Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Oorp and toxicity.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Certain people are using certain roleplays to abandon how they previously roleplayed their characters to effect some kind of en-masse oorp put-down.

They are people of significant community organisation, too. Can we not do this sort of thing? I don't need to remind people how destructive to this community using your characters to break the universe in service of your friendbase can be. We've all seen how negative the outcome of that is.
How would you suggest we enforce rules against Oorp toxicity in inrp characters?
please tell me this isn't about liberty not welcoming the return of imperial rheinland with open arms

because if it is i'd like to first point out that the massive hodge-podge of conflicting ideologies behind imperial rheinland has no business telling anyone else how their factions should or shouldn't be roleplayed because they've long since thrown caution to the wind in return for the ability to roleplay nazi germany in space
(04-09-2020, 03:12 AM)Stolt. Wrote: [ -> ]How would you suggest we enforce rules against Oorp toxicity in inrp characters?

People should do their utmost to avoid mirroring their own characters in multiple factions, or people end up playing strategically, rather than recreationally.
i just want to shoot people

i even have a federal gunboat to shoot people

what toxicity are you talking about
(04-09-2020, 03:12 AM)Wildkins Wrote: [ -> ]because they've long since thrown caution to the wind in return for the ability to roleplay nazi germany in space

Yes, exactly Wildkins. The Rheinland imperials are not anything approaching 'space nazis'. The intent of both the story team and the players behind the roleplay (Tabris,me) was to create an rp story of a incorrupt but unemocratic citizen's wealthfare state v a democratic but totalitarian police state, and to let people choose how they interpreted that. This was never meant to be anything to do with space nazis. I'm losing my cool as to how disrespectful that paintbrush is to Tabris.

I am personally annoyed that the event has degraded into everyone trying to slap us for being something that we're not. The roleplay universe has fallen into cognitive dissonance. People are roleplaying based on events that never happened. The basic norms of "don't powergame, don't metagame" are gone on a grand scale, and it might completely break the mod.

I thought this was going to be fun, but now it's turned into a clusterf**k. Liberty seperatists and LSF on the same side? Report to moderator isn't enough for that. Maybe report to a conscience.

Good federalist rp examples? Burning, Geoff.Bad ones? Admiral sophia cleveland and Ice' bundshuh having the same rep. I am deliberately not playing Corin right now to avoid conflict of interest and letting non-UN govern that relationship.
Don't do this now, we've got people who are enjoying the roleplay behind this and we (Representing the BDM|) have not instantly breaking our lore and universe completely. When you throw a house into a major amount of instability. Theres going to be a lot of comms pleading for help, assistance or trying to assert legitimacy in the face of others. And yes, there will be some questionable forum RP but unfortunately that is impossible to avoid completely.

The Roleplay now has been good, at this point, expect reputations to flip with a lot of parties. Don't take this to the forums in this way, just roll through it.
If you're complaining about people being toxic and using ooRP dislike to fuel their RP, maybe you should look to your own faction first before you start looking at others.
The Federalist side from my experience has been fairly tame, and that's including an area involving Wesker, Kalhmera, and Wasser.

In other words
"I know you are, but what am I?"
This would be easier if you just said who it was.
(04-09-2020, 03:29 AM)Enkidu Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, exactly Wildkins. The Rheinland imperials are not anything approaching 'space nazis'. The intent of both the story team and the players behind the roleplay (Tabris,me) was to create an rp story of a incorrupt but unemocratic citizen's wealthfare state v a democratic but totalitarian police state, and to let people choose how they enterpreted that. This was never meant to be anything to do with space nazis. I'm losing my cool as to how disrespectful that paintbrush is to Tabris.

I beg your pardon? This has very little to do with Tabris and even less to do with Nazis. Additionally, this was by no means solely your idea with Tabris, I will point that out now.
Pages: 1 2