Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Imperial Prologue: Stage 1 event outcomes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

The Imperial Prelude
Outcomes and Rewards
Stage 1 events

OVERVIEW

Firstly, thank you to everyone who has participated in these events! Despite frayed nerves and raised tempers at times, I hope you've enjoyed the experience overall. It's been great seeing so many people playing in Rheinland, and we've had several evenings where the server has near enough hit its cap. Stage 2 events will be beginning today and (probably) tomorrow, with Valkyrie II being posted here, and Götterdämmerung II on the way shortly.

This marks a new style of event management that the team is experimenting with - we're ideally looking to implement more events that are reactive to the the things happening on the server, and can be altered on the fly to encourage activity and gameplay. I know there were a number of teething problems with the implementation in this case, and we are sorry for any frustration this may have caused. If you do have any feedback about how things can be improved in the future, we're happy to hear it here.

OUTCOME

While the spread of disorder across Rheinland's planets was plain to see for those in power, the sheer magnitude of the schisms growing inside the Military and federal agencies almost completely blindsided the Federal government. Imperial planners had hoped that a simultaneous uprising across the House - combined with Military officers seizing control of vessels and battlegroups - would be sufficient to obliterate Federal forces in a single surprise hammer blow. Those remaining undecided fleet elements could then be cowed into joining their forces, or destroyed in detail.

Despite the expectation that the Federal fleets would be thrown into disarray by the rapidly developing situation, Imperial strategists fundamentally underestimated the experience of the Bundschuh, the discipline of elite Military loyalist formations, and the resolve of Rheinland's counterintelligence branches. Federalist forces succeeded against all odds in falling back to Planet Weimar to consolidate and regroup in what is already being called the "Thuringia Miracle." The new Emperor is sure to have many difficult days ahead, as Federalist units marked as critical targets for destruction slipped through the Imperial Military's grasp.

Despite their decisive tactical victory in space, the picture is far more grim for the Federalists remaining on Rheinland's core planets. As open warfare blossomed across Planet Stuttgart, Imperial militias moved to storm critical infrastructure and intern government officials who might be of use to any long-term Federal resistance movement. Fuelled by massed imports of arms and other materiel by Imperial corporate interests, objectives were seized and secure far sooner than Federal generals on the ground had anticipated. Soon finding themselves fighting a desperate rear-guard movement, only a fraction of the personnel earmarked for evacuation were successfully lifted off-world before further extractions became untenable.

Results:
  • Konstantz Border Station was destroyed during a diversionary Federalist attack, allowing a number of vital evacuee transports and damaged military battlegroups to successfully escape to Thuringia. Station has been disabled until the patch fully wrecks it.

• Daumann and Kruger have already leveraged their pivotal support in the Storming of Stuttgart to lobby the Imperial government to reinforce the garrison on Elbe Station in Omega 7, securing their interests in the region. The station is renamed to Elbe Border Fortress and the model will be expanded to represent this.

Rewards

1. Forum titles are being awarded for participation:

• Any event participant who scored a kill is entitled to receive the title "Federal / Imperial Veteran" by posting here with the name of their ship(s).
    • The top three scoring ships for kills on each side are entitled to receive the title "Federal / Imperial Ace".

• Any event participant who delivered Federal Evacuees or Imperial Detainees during the event is entitled to receive the title "Federal / Imperial Provisioner" by posting here with the name of their ship(s).
    • The top three scoring ships for deliveries on each side are entitled to receive the title "Federal / Imperial Quartermaster".

2. There are currently ongoing discussions about commemorating participation in these events with in-game wrecks or stationary solar objects referencing player ships. This idea is not final, and we will update you all as to what the ultimate decision is.
In the future, when the outcomes are fixed, can those fixed outcomes be expanded upon? I just feel like it's a bit hard for the greater community to be invested when not only can they not significantly affect the outcome of this storyline, but it's just not really clear where things are even going.
Kudos for the events, kudos to the opposing side and kudos to my {DHC} people for helping with the event. I think we have depopulated Stuttgart.

Asking for a Imperial Quartermaster if possible ({DHC}Konigsberg + {DHC}Ingolstadt is me) if not then Imperial Veteran (Hans.From.Holstein).
(04-12-2020, 01:08 PM)Lythrilux Wrote: [ -> ]In the future, when the outcomes are fixed, can those fixed outcomes be expanded upon? I just feel like it's a bit hard for the greater community to be invested when not only can they not significantly affect the outcome of this storyline, but it's just not really clear where things are even going.

Lythrilux more like Complainrilux.
Federal Veteran
-Gelb-04 and some of the shared DWR| ships
Kudos for the event
Federal Veteran
BDM|Rkt-Nicole:Hoffmann , BDM|Vonkel and some indie chars
Federal Veteran
- Capri.Sonne
While I did not score any kills on my BDM vessels, I did score on =BW=RNC-Hamburg.

Please title me Federal Veteran.

Thank you for this system. I like it!
{DHC}Bavaria
[RMK]ObLt.A.Reber
Requesting title "Imperial Quartermaster" and "Imperial Veteran"
I'll grab that Federal Provisioner title with my minimum effort.

The.Moonlit.Angel
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6