Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Offering help to factions (Open For All)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey everyone!

Glad we are still here breathing, and that DiscoGC FL is still up and running! I am considering returning for a Discovery play season - or a fraction of one at the very least.

Factions are always an important element here. I would like my next season to have a good impact on groups and people; any factions that would like an old silly vet to help breathe new life, share ideas, plan events, or to just fly around:

*Contact Preferences:
  • Via Forum IM
  • On this thread
  • Via Discord (my ID: Skyelius#6386)
*Official Factions: Yes
*Unofficial Groups: Yes

This will allow me to set expectations for activity and see if it's worth scheduling some time for Disco FL again. : )

Anyone else that shares my sentiment and would also like to help our factions - you are welcome to post (be sure to let people know your preference for contacting you)!

Cordially,
Sky / Eli
Do you have any particular preferences as to the type of faction you're wanting to help, or ideas that are already floating around?

There are of course, a variety depending on the location or group you want to play in/with.

If you have ideas for the money makers, a few of the big corporations I see that are pretty active and have noticeably done inRP convoys are:
DSE) - Deep Space Engineering
{DHC} - Dauman Heavy Construction

A few smaller ones are around too, these guys probably have a lot to gain inRP, I'd suggest checking out:
B|- Bristol Construction
MAE| - Montluc Advanced Engineering

These guys have also done some convoy's in the past, and due to just wanting to visit places there might be more for them to do than others:
OS&C - Orbital Spa & Cruise

If you're looking for pews specific, the two current hot spots are Liberty and Rheinland. A few factions you might want to have a look at:
LPI-, [LN], 5th, =LSF=
Rheinland < honestly I'm still confused as to wtf is going on with the Imperial military.
BDM for the Federalists, who're now waging war against the Imperials.
There are official events for this, one is currently in progress.

If neither of those take your fancy, then there is some conflict going on in Kusari, the following factions are involved:
[BD] - Blood Dragons,
GC- Gen'an Cell,
SCRA - Sirius Coalition Revolutionary Army,
LG| - Loyola Guard,
-|- Maltese Imperial Coalition.
This pending war will probably have a number of events and battles around it. If people organise it

You could always try the baguettes.
MdG/- and \*/ < These two are Enclave factions, the better one has some hidden secrets within their RP posts Wink (fu Reeves)
Some events around the Enclave fighting Gallia would be pretty neat.

Speaking of Reeves, if you want to shoot foreigners and chase feminists out of Liberty. Hit up the Xeno Alliance. I have it on good authority that the quickest way to Reeve's heart is through cat pictures. It would be nice to see some Xeno events involving their struggle to get people off of their lawn.
(04-16-2020, 01:40 AM)The Only Hokan Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have any particular preferences as to the type of faction you're wanting to help, or ideas that are already floating around?

There are of course, a variety depending on the location or group you want to play in/with.

If you have ideas for the money makers, a few of the big corporations I see that are pretty active and have noticeably done inRP convoys are:
DSE) - Deep Space Engineering
{DHC} - Dauman Heavy Construction

A few smaller ones are around too, these guys probably have a lot to gain inRP, I'd suggest checking out:
B|- Bristol Construction
MAE| - Montluc Advanced Engineering

These guys have also done some convoy's in the past, and due to just wanting to visit places there might be more for them to do than others:
OS&C - Orbital Spa & Cruise

If you're looking for pews specific, the two current hot spots are Liberty and Rheinland. A few factions you might want to have a look at:
LPI-, [LN], 5th, =LSF=
Rheinland < honestly I'm still confused as to wtf is going on with the Imperial military.
BDM for the Federalists, who're now waging war against the Imperials.
There are official events for this, one is currently in progress.

If neither of those take your fancy, then there is some conflict going on in Kusari, the following factions are involved:
[BD] - Blood Dragons,
GC- Gen'an Cell,
SCRA - Sirius Coalition Revolutionary Army,
LG| - Loyola Guard,
-|- Maltese Imperial Coalition.
This pending war will probably have a number of events and battles around it. If people organise it

You could always try the baguettes.
MdG/- and \*/ < These two are Enclave factions, the better one has some hidden secrets within their RP posts Wink (fu Reeves)
Some events around the Enclave fighting Gallia would be pretty neat.

Speaking of Reeves, if you want to shoot foreigners and chase feminists out of Liberty. Hit up the Xeno Alliance. I have it on good authority that the quickest way to Reeve's heart is through cat pictures. It would be nice to see some Xeno events involving their struggle to get people off of their lawn.

Hey there Hokan!

Thanks for an awesome post (& making me chuckle lul...)

I am willing to try out factions and RP archetypes that I hadn't tried before, or pretty much any faction (no strict-enough rules or criteria).

I wanted to focus on helping factions that actually need activity, would perhaps want an old dude around, and groups that are experiencing hardship. However, I do not easily turn up a warm welcome from cool people or old friends - so if I am contacted by a very active faction that doesn't need help, I may as well join/apply.

: ]
I think that most of those factions don't need help. Better take a look at the latest activity check to see which do:

https://discoverygc.com/forums/showthrea...tid=177889

I'd single out the BHG|, who are supposed to be part of an official server event in Cologne these days, yet I haven't seen even just 1 ship of theirs in that system since the event started, and that was on the weekend.
(04-16-2020, 01:48 AM)Thunderer Wrote: [ -> ]I think that most of those factions don't need help. Better take a look at the latest activity check to see which do:

https://discoverygc.com/forums/showthrea...tid=177889

I'd single out the BHG|, who are supposed to be part of an official server event in Cologne these days, yet I haven't seen even just 1 ship of theirs in that system since the event started, and that was on the weekend.

Of the four that have failed the pass, and not failed twice. I think there is a few problems with people either just not playing or HC issues.

Secret Intelligence Service < I think it might be a problem with Bretonia in general, it doesn't seem very active.
Bounty Hunters Guild < Not a lot for them to do but log and shoot. They're involved in the current event in Rheinland though
The Liberty Rogues < I've heard they have a number of issues with their HC and are either leaderless or directionless or both, Don't know the reason.
Genesis Research Group < The only thing I know about these guys, is that if there was a such a thing as BBcode police, then they'll be thrown into prison.
BHG| should get more of their own events in various other houses as like casual pvp events.

For example, when a story event isnt happening due to a clot in story or sys development, shoving a BHG event in would be fun.
DWR| - Bundschuh official faction is actually having some hard time. We play very important role in one of Discovery's hotspots and story archs, but we don't have many people in faction ready to contribute to bundies roleplay. So... If you are looking for some new roleplay experience - we will warmly greet you, especially now, when we have a lot of pending roleplay projects and we are going to need people.
Bit of a shameless promotion first:

{DHC} - Dauman Heavy Construction would love to have you onboard.
https://discoverygc.com/forums/showthrea...tid=177954

For Kusari I can recommend the Golden Chrysanthemum GC- cell.

End of shameless promotion.

The MAE| are a bunch of really cool guys, so is DSE).
, , @Hokan: Thank you for posting! You all agreed that DWR| would greatly benefit from more activity; I'll prepare my application in the next few days.

& @Hokan: Hey guys! You both recommended MAE; this one is very active, but it does look interesting; I may try it out. In my opinion about last season, the end of the Gallic War crippled activity for that house. I also really like the faction's original name. In recent years, I've distanced myself from factions that bear the same name as the NPC faction they presume to represent (and it's inconvenient for me to explain this), so any groups with original names instantly captivate my personal interest.

: Yo! Good to see you around : )

Thread remains open! Feel free to also post if you'd like to help factions out

-Sky
Welcome back!
Hope to see you in space!
Pages: 1 2