Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Liberty Navy Patrol 27 Black Box Audio Logs [Recovered]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Classified File: UFO-1997
Designation: 'BADLANDS ENCOUNTER'
Date: 11/12/822 A.S
Auditor Name: Agent William March

These are the recovered Black Box logs from the ill-fated Liberty Navy Patrol 27. No known survivors. Patrol fleet consisting of three Liberty Gunboats is still MIA. Strangely, a Guardian was recovered at the estimated site of the encounter, but it was not part of the patrol nor was it occupied with a pilot.

Patrol 27 Members:
  • Liberty Gunboat 'Rifleman' piloted by Lieutenant Commander Jameson
  • Liberty Gunboat 'Gumshoe' piloted by Lieutenant Watts
  • Liberty Gunboat 'Crescent' piloted by Lieutenant Cooper

[11:22:59] Lieutenant Commander Jameson: “Alright, Patrol 27… we’ve got reports of a few raiders attacking from the Badlands and disrupting the Tradelane traffic between West Point and Norfolk. LIBCOM has authorized for us to go and investigate”
[11:24:20] Lieutenant Watts: “‘The Badlands don’t come across as routine. The name of the area doesn’t scream routine either.”
[11:24:50] Lieutenant Cooper: “Quit your complaining Lieutenant”
[11:25:10] Lieutenant Watts: “Look, also Lieutenant , I just can’t wait to get off patrol. I bought my fiance a ring this morning. She’ll be really happy to see me when I get back”
[11:26:00] Lieutenant Commander Jameson: “Oh, so you and Kate are finally tying the knot?”
[11:26:30] Lieutenant Watts: “Yeah, she’s so perfect. I’ve known for a long time that there’s no one else I’d rather spend the rest of my life with”
[11:26:50] Lieutenant Cooper: “Alright Romeo”
[11:28:00] Lieutenant Commander Jameson: “The reports indicate that the raiders were using Guardians and Upholders. How the hell pirates have managed to get a hold of those I don’t know…”
[11:29:05] Lieutenant Cooper: “Looks like the Liberty Navy is really slipping”
[11:29:27] Lieutenant Commander Jameson: “Come on, focus, ships go missing out here all the time. That’s probably how they obtained them”
[11:29:43] Lieutenant Watts: “And what happened to the people flying them?”
[11:30:31] Lieutenant Commander Jameson: “Shit I don’t know, probably just jumped into their escape pods. That’s the usual story. We can find out once we recover the black boxes”

[---]

[12:05:22] Lieutenant Watts:“Ok, it looks like I’m picking up something on my scanner. Weird, the IFF seems to be broken. Like it’s scrambled. Looks like just a single ship though”
[12:06:59] Lieutenant Cooper: “Rogues with IFF scramblers? That’s new, I didn’t think they were the type”
[12:07:11] Lieutenant Watts: “Not Rogues you dummy, it’s probably the Lane Hackers”
[12:07:30] Lieutenant Cooper: “In Guardians and Upholders? They’d soon rather die”
[12:08:01] Lieutenant Commander Jameson: “This is Liberty Navy Patrol 27. Cut your engines and prepare for capture otherwise, we’ll be authorized to use lethal force”
[12:08:46] Lieutenant Watts: “Looks like he doesn’t care. No response, and now it seems to be running”
[12:09:07] Lieutenant Commander Jameson: “Let me repeat myself. Cut your engines and prepare for capture otherwise, I will blast your ass out of the sky. You can’t run forever”
[12:09:30] Lieutenant Commander Jameson: [...]
[12:10:15] Lieutenant Commander Jameson: “Alright let's chase this silent idiot down and gut him as soon as it’s in range”

[---]

[12:15:01] Lieutenant Watts: “Fuck! Just hit an asteroid. It's clipped my side and sent me spinning. Dammit, guys, I’m sorry”
Auditors comments: Watts has collided with an asteroid.
[12:15:20] Lieutenant Commander Jameson: “It’s alright, Cooper lets fall back to Watts and make sure he’s ok after the collision. To hell with the bogey, we can catch him another day”
[12:15:59] Lieutenant Cooper: “Weird. It’s stopped running. It’s holding perfect distance from us”
[12:17:10] Lieutenant Cooper: “What the hell… it’s coming straight for us”
[12:18:18] Lieutenant Commander Jameson: “What an idiot, guess we can wrap this up here and now”
[12:18:26] Lieutenant Cooper: “Er... I’m getting multiple contacts now”
[12:18:32] Lieutenant Watts: “Shit, me too”
[12:18:40] Lieutenant Watts: “Is this an ambush?”
[12:18:45] Lieutenant Commander Jameson: “How the hell did they get so close! They’ve appeared out of nowhere! Multiple broken IFFs converging on our position!”
[12:16:58] Lieutenant Cooper: “Is that... a Gunboat in the distance...? what kind of ship is that!?”
Auditors comments: It's likely that Cooper has sighted one of the automated drones these unknown hostiles employ. This drone is dubbed 'Scorpion' by our scientists.

[---]

[12:45:05] Lieutenant Commander Jameson: “I’m taking heavy damage, I can’t hold out much longer, these fuckers are all targetting me!”
[12:45:40] Lieutenant Cooper: “Something is messing with my instruments, where the fuck are we!? We need to get out now!”
[12:46:32] Lieutenant Watts: “I don’t know! Just pick a direction and fucking move towards it!”
[12:47:20] Lieutenant Commander Jameson: “Aaaaaaaaah!”
Auditors comments: LC's vessel has just exploded.
[12:47:42] Lieutenant Watts: “Shit, they’ve taken out Jameson”
[12:47:50] Lieutenant Cooper: “Get his pod”
[12:47:56] Lieutenant Watts: “I… I can’t.”
[12:48:11] Lieutenant Cooper: “What do you mean you can’t!?”
[12:48:28] Lieutenant Watts: “It’s gone. They razed it as soon as it ejected from his Gunboat”
[12:48:35] Lieutenant Cooper: “What… What the fuck are we dealing with here!?”
[12:49:00] Lieutenant Cooper: “Watts look at some of their equipment… I don’t think these guys are pirates…”
Auditors comments: Phenomena where the Black Box timer begins to malfunction starts here.
[66:99:88] Lieutenant Watts: “Cooper… Can you hear that? What is it?”
Auditors comments: There is no recorded audio of whatever sound Watts is hearing.

[---]

[66:99:88] Lieutenant Watts: “This is Lieutenant Watts, last surviving member of Patrol 27. I am making a distress call to any ships in range. I managed to get away from the hostiles but my engine took a hit and it’s just given out”
Auditors comments: Watts begins to hyperventilate. Audio isolation has been applied to separate speech.
[66:99:88] Lieutenant Watts: “I don’t know what the hell those things were, I don’t know if they’re still following me or not, I don’t know where I am, I don’t…”

[66:99:88] Lieutenant Watts: “One minute they’re there the next they’re not… I don’t understand…”
[66:99:88] Lieutenant Watts: "..."
[66:99:88] Lieutenant Watts: "They're using strange ships and equipment I've never seen before..."
[66:99:88] Lieutenant Watts: “I… I can hear this noise in my head… It’s like several voices, all crying out at once… Can’t focus…
Auditors comments: Unsure what Watts means by voices. Perhaps it's the same noise mentioned before? Watts had no prior history of mental illness.
[66:99:88] Lieutenant Watts: “...”
[66:99:88] Lieutenant Watts: “Kate… I-I love you so much. I’m sorry I’ll miss our reservation tomorrow… Mom… Dad… please look after her… I love you too”.
[66:99:88] Lieutenant Watts: “Oh... oh my god”

[LOG ENDS]