Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Xfire Fix for Discovery 4.85 Beta 3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This fix is no longer needed as of the latest update, Please undo the changes mentioned in this post to fix your xfire back to what it should be for it to work normally again or just wait for an update and it will change itself.

Alright, Before i start with posting the fix, i wasn't sure where to post it but since its a bug related to changes made with the discovery mod, i thought it would be best to put it here.

Admins, if you think its worth while please pin this topic as many people are wondering why its not working

Now on with the fix tutorial.

Alright first thing to do is go into the xfire install folder, generally that's located in: C:\Program Files\Xfire
Now next we open the file called xfire_games.ini with Wordpad or Notepad.
And you can either use the find function to find the line that says freelancer or you could just keep going down till you find the lines that say this.

Code:
[4240]
LongName=Freelancer
ShortName=frlncr
LauncherDirKey=HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\1.0\AppPath
LauncherExe=exe\Freelancer.EXE
LauncherNetworkArgs=-s
_GAME_HOST_NAME%:
_GAME_HOST_PORT%
Launch=
_LAUNCHER_EXE_PATH%
_LAUNCHER_EXTRA_ARGS%
_LAUNCHER_NETWORK_ARGS%
ServerStatusType=FL
InGameRenderer=D3D8
InGameFlags=ENABLE_MOUSE|USE_DINPUT_MOUSE

And then change
Code:
LauncherExe=exe\Freelancer.EXE
To

Code:
LauncherExe=exe\FLSP.EXE

Save the file and restart Xfire.

When you launch freelancer next time it should work properly.

One last note, unless the mod developers change the system back to the default ways you will most likely need to do this for every new xfire update as it replaces the xfire_games.ini file with one that will have the wrong settings.

This fix will also become inacurate if the modders change the FLSP.exe to something else, but ill try and keep this topic up to date with all that.

Happy flying.

-Alex135

I've unpinned this now that beta 4 works with XFire, but thanks Alex for your words of wisdom -- Cannon
Much appreciated!

I've just fixed mine, was wondering why it wasn't working.
Good work man.

I was gettin annoyed with having to alt+tab all the time:P
It works for sure, and it's no big deal do edit it.

Cheers for alex, smart thinking. :yahoo:

This is a good post and a nice tutorial for any further updates to work with XFire.
This post should be pinned!
yea man

i can make screenshots again and dont need to alt + tab out for chating

you have win
A question: does XFire run/launch freelancer - i.e you run Xfire and ask it to start Freelancer?

FYI - the reason for changing the name of freelancer is to get most(all) people to run the updater - especially the folk who don't change their shortcuts. Unfortunately I didn't think of the case where people launch Freelancer from the XFire (didn't know you could do it). There are other ways I could change the system to launch the updater - but they have some disadvantages - if this becomes a major issue then I guess I'll need to go down these paths.

' Wrote:A question: does XFire run/launch freelancer - i.e you run Xfire and ask it to start Freelancer?

FYI - the reason for changing the name of freelancer is to get most(all) people to run the updater - especially the folk who don't change their shortcuts. Unfortunately I didn't think of the case where people launch Freelancer from the XFire (didn't know you could do it). There are other ways I could change the system to launch the updater - but they have some disadvantages - if this becomes a major issue then I guess I'll need to go down these paths.

It will, but I don't know of anyone who uses it to launch their games.

EDIT: Cannon...Skype...please...I'm dyin' in the code over here!
Pinned. Enjoy your new status.
' Wrote:It will, but I don't know of anyone who uses it to launch their games.

EDIT: Cannon...Skype...please...I'm dyin' in the code over here!
I use xfire to launch FL and sometimes Halo, but not any others.

Also, thanks!
Pages: 1 2