Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Capitals vs Snubs for transports
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Creating descendant thread to the previous one about removal of newly added rule.

4.7.1 Cruisers and Battleships may not attack transports

The difference is in more clear answers. Because with the new inflow of players, I think answers No/Yes which can mean both things at the same time aren't clear enough
In the end, I'm against it. The GB can do the job in the end, it doesn't make much difference.
I find this rule pretty stupid, however, Jeuge is right - GB can do this job instead of other caps.
I always thought this was a good thing. Didn't realize they removed it only to add it back in

Being in a 5k and losing to a gunboat or a bomber feels like a sad time. But a cruiser or battleship is keyboard smashingly overkill

...Save our keyboards.
It's actually easier to escape Cruiser or Battleship than to escape Gunboat. Also, taking down Cruisers or Battleships is also easier than taking down Gunboats.

In addition to that, instakills are already prohibited, so you should get enough time to react either way.

Therefore, this rule is inconvenient, bloats the overall rule, has hard to understand exceptions, and should be removed.
When I was flying piracy transports the only ship class I truly feared in a 1v1 was the gunboat. Battleships I could outrun even with just pressing Shift+W, cruisers I had a huge advantage of 10m/s extra speed and better turning, bombers and fighters I could just fight and rely on having enough shield tank power to endure. The only ship class I knew I stood absolutely no chance versus was the gunboat, because it had more accurate and equally damaging guns, more shield power, more hull power and a lot more agility with equal thruster speed.
GBs blow ass at killing transports with any degree of armor before they can dock due to low sustained DPS. A small transport will kill any other transport in this game more efficiently and with less chance of the transport making an escape than ANY Gunboat or Cruiser.
Does we really need THREE Treads to this?
(04-22-2020, 09:52 AM)Nightowl Wrote: [ -> ]Does we really need THREE Treads to this?

We had plenty more for the SNAC changes.
(04-22-2020, 09:53 AM)Backo Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-22-2020, 09:52 AM)Nightowl Wrote: [ -> ]Does we really need THREE Treads to this?

We had plenty more for the SNAC changes.
This is correct, but this doesn't mean it helps.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6