Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Actual setups on combat vehicles
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello ladies and gents,

I am wondering to start a new character what would be up to some dark ways around Sirius. Since things were changing a lot, I am wondering what are the optimal setups on combat vehicles. In the past I preferred bombers but according to drops I got from the news, it has been nerfed a bit.

Can you please suggest me to optimal setups and a fast "know-how" about vhf, bomber and GB ships?

Thank you in advance for your time
gunboats, besides a few specific gunboats, are just pulse/prim since everything else is non-viable besides in, again, a few specific gunboats
Full solaris if anti-snub gunboat (kinda gay), pulses+prims if anti-gb, pulses+cerbs if anti-cap
VHFs probably offer the greatest amount of options: aside from two Debiliators which are (sort of) mandatory you could use pretty much anything, depending on your preferences. General suggestion would be not to mix guns with large distinction between projectile speed as it is going to affect your aim.
For bombers you would generally want to go with SNAC and energy/EMP cannons - those recently got their projectile speed increased. For heavy bombers it might be a viable option to add ASURAs - EMP counterpart of SNAC. Cruise disruptor is a must, although do not use Reinforced CD on anything below gunboats - it's power drain is quite significant.
As for the gunboats - there is very few options. Either primary turrets and pulses on heavy slots or Solaris+Solaris gatling turrets. The latter may optionally be replaced with missiles.
Thank you for your advices, I do appreciate.
(04-22-2020, 03:52 PM)Groshyr Wrote: [ -> ]Full solaris if anti-snub gunboat (kinda gay), pulses+prims if anti-gb, pulses+cerbs if anti-cap
I wanted to add you can use prim pulse against cruisers and bigger too, cerbs are annoying and will suck your powercore like vacuum