Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Unknown file: DUBOIS Ace (Feedback)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First, here's the link to see it:
https://discoverygc.com/forums/showthrea...pid2154006

I would like to see what's good or wrong about this first try, and to know if the other pages / the after interests. The first page isn't mean to say anything in any way, but feedback will help me to make a better writing and a more interesting story.
Of course, I know it isn't perfect, it can't be, but I hope that the "little game" can be...attractive.
Name: DUBOIS Ace
Born the: 06 / 23 / 798 A.S., 714 A.G.S.
At: [CORRUPTED DATA – RECUPERATION IN PROGRESS…], Languedoc System, Gallic Space.

Current ID: (Gallic) Freelancer
Current location: [CORRUPTED DATA – RECUPERATION IN PROGRESS…]
Affiliation: [CORRUPTED DATA – RECUPERATION IN PROGRESS…]
Current ship: Civilian Very Heavy Fighter “Sutinga”. Place of purchase is [CORRUPTED DATA – RECUPERATION IN PROGRESS…]
Current objective: [CORRUPTED DATA – RECUPERATION IN PROGRESS…]

This is what it looks like without the black text

------------------------

Even if you say something like [CORRUPTED DATA - RECUPERATION IN PROGRESS...] please don't freaking put black, it looks odd.

There is a good amount of text scattered around the post in black, and it just makes it look weird. Why not use the same kind of ruby red color that's already present in the post? or something a bit different? black text at random places in posts just hurts people's eyes
What about the second part of the story ? I've put it in black for a reason, and even if I don't like it, I think it doesn't work for everyone cause it actually does using the "Blue revolution" page presentation (which you can change below the page). If you use "Carbon" presentation, yes, it hurts. Me too, to be honest. But it also spoils a bit the "secret", even if for the fisrt part this is not a real riddle.
So yeah, I know it's ugly, but at least for the second part of the file I think it's "necessary" for the sequel of this file / of this story.
Apparently, you missed something on the page.
But I hear that loud and clear, I'll change that when I'll be able to.
The idea is to generally use bright color. like standard white
(04-23-2020, 03:20 PM)Tiger Wrote: [ -> ]please don't freaking put black, it looks odd.

Just use light theme. EZ fix.
(04-23-2020, 03:34 PM)The_Godslayer Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-23-2020, 03:20 PM)Tiger Wrote: [ -> ]please don't freaking put black, it looks odd.

Just use light theme. EZ fix.

my eyes bleed harder
The fact is I realized just a few minutes ago that several themes were available, so I realised. But as y default one was Blue Revolution and that's the one I use, I think it explains why I did. Black on black.
No eyes bleeding there, or at least it's not supposed to, I guess.
'Kay, made another version and added a few stuff I was planning to put in the second part. Sorry again for the messed up colors, I didn't know.