Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: RP, Pirates & Police
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Guys,

Really enjoying the server. As an old D&D Dungeon Master and later host of a NWN server I can really appreciate the hard work that's gone into this server! Super work!

I've noticed some goods and bads:

Goods: Most PC's announce their intentions,

" Stop all engines, this is Liberty Police, prepare for an inspection"... or....
" A Freelancer way out here all alone...Interesting. What might you be carrying my pretty" - How about you stopping your engines or eating space"

I've paraphrased but those interactions were cool - Got wasted both times lol!

Bad: Happy flying alone and boom a cruise missle hits me! " Stop your engines"
Right I'm a frieghter in space - gonna run for it!! Thereafter boom, boom boom - finally I have to ask the Pirate what he wants.... Give me 5 Mil or 3 mil can't remember... Well long story short - lousy RP almost got really toasted and roasted and laid out as a side order.

If I was a pirate - well - a little more text would be fun, reference to my group of affliation and right up front and in your face my demands - Before I turn you into Major Tom.

Of the 4 encounters I've had 2 were fun and 2 were boring... I really like the fact that RP is paramount on this server. To those that are less given to the romantic - well try texting like an Orc ...

Me, pirate - you food - give me cargo or me eat your brains.....

Keep on having fun guys..... As an aside note maybe you could introduce an Orc clan Smile
BR Shargast
Welcome to the community, I am Hemlocke, you can read though, I roleplay a rogue, look forward to seeing you in space.

Just wait till you meet the guys that start shooting without saying anything though, they're super fun to deal with.
Sadly, some people are just in it for the credits or the shiny blue messages. That's just how things are. If you run into anyone who really stretches the concept of RP'ing before engaging, you can always write up a rules violation report and hope a little warning or sanction straightens them out.

Other than that, keep enjoying the good encounters.
Fair warning, the RP environment here doesn't allow for non-human characters (except Nomads and AI), so orcs are a no-no.

About pirates, do keep in mind that there's a limited time frame they have to act - especially if their target is trying to run away. If you want a conversation with a pirate, your best bet is to stop immediately before they even ask.
Location is also important, a pirate at a high frequency location like the California jump gate in New York is under greater pressure to act quickly and get things over with than somewhere in empty space.

That having been said, unfortunately there are plenty of pirates that are just uninterested in RP or bad at it. Although, I would recommend to anyone to give piracy a try. You will find that traders are worse by far, the vast majority you'll get are of the "hi" "jsut kill me" "how mcuh for pass" variety, if they even say anything at all.