Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Hello, newbie question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I have been a long time fan of freelancer. Being at home a lot because of COVID-19 caused me to blow the dust off the old cd. Anyway, I want to play the story through again. The problem I have, when I install discovery, amazing, it will not let me start from the beginning. If I click new game, it starts me on a base with a level 13 ship. Can I not play the entire original story with discovery installed? Also, if I install discovery now, will I lose my saved game progress? Thanks!
The story mode is not part of Discovery for compatibility reasons.
I was just like you last week so I would give you best advice that I can.You cant play the story on discovery so I will tell you exact steps that you can use to play the storyline.
1. Carefully save all your Discovery Accounts from your discovery launcher on a Folder. Take screenshots of your accounts ingame if you lose your account at least you will be able to get it back from the admins later.

2. Uninstall Everything related to Freelancer from your computer including save game files.

3. Install Fresh copy of Freelancer

4. Enjoy Storyline and install discovery back when you are ready to come back and add your saved accounts back on the launcher.
You can run the story on 4.84.

I do not recommend doing so and going for that early "kill all the Rogues for 750 extra Credits" because Rogue NPCs have full regens and will tank the timer with you lacking weapons to kill then all in a timely manner REEEEEE
(04-27-2020, 07:25 AM)Johl Wrote: [ -> ]I was just like you last week so I would give you best advice that I can.You cant play the story on discovery so I will tell you exact steps that you can use to play the storyline.
1. Carefully save all your Discovery Accounts from your discovery launcher on a Folder. Take screenshots of your accounts ingame if you lose your account at least you will be able to get it back from the admins later.

2. Uninstall Everything related to Freelancer from your computer including save game files.

3. Install Fresh copy of Freelancer

4. Enjoy Storyline and install discovery back when you are ready to come back and add your saved accounts back on the launcher.

Steps 1 and 2 Completly un-nessesary.
Just install Valina Freelancer in diferent folder , any other folder except discovery folder, and you are good to go.
There is absolutly no reason not to have both Discovery and Vanila on same computer. Discovery cannot alter files outside its own folder , and Freelancer is also not capable of that , so as long they are in diferent folders, you can have 100 of mods of same game on same PC.
Wow, thanks. I just finished the story. I guess now, it will be up to me to write my story on discovery as I go.... thanks for doing discovery. I just wish I had found it years ago.