Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Bounty Hunters Guild Feedback
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

[Image: bhg.jpg]

[Image: bhgcore.jpg]

This is the official feedback thread for the Bounty Hunters Guild and Guild Core faction. This is for the following users ONLY:

1. Persons wishing to provide feedback or raise issues or concerns about the faction.
2. Guildmasters of the faction or persons directly involved in an incident raised through this thread.

All BHG| faction members are kindly asked to allow the Guildmaster of the region in which any incident occurred to investigate any matter arising before posting, if at all possible.

Allied pilots and the Guild / Guild Guard ID -

Given that the ID now takes precedence over server rules while they (the server rules) are being updated -

Quote:* Can demand cargo or credits from ships carrying contraband and destroy them if they refuse to comply
------
* Can demand allied pilots, Nomad technology and Nomad specimens from other ships and destroy ships if they refuse to hand them over. Cannot demand credits or other cargo from anyone.

According to our faction description, we are allied with police forces only. So if we encounter someone with Navy or other military pilots, they are safe.

(Basically I'm requesting clarification, and since I'm not in a position to access Skype at this moment, I'm posting this here.)

Quote:Allied (our principal clients are the lawful police factions of Sirius, although we may not always be contracted to work in their space) - RFP (no current contract); KSP (no current contract); BPA; LPI
Friendly (our secondary clients and associates are primarily the lawful military and trade factions of Sirius as well as independent factions that are neither strictly lawful or unlawful)- TAZ; RM; BAF; CR; BMM; Synth Foods; RepEx; Gateway; LN; LSF; ; IND;

Based on the rules and ID's I'm seeing, our regular ID'd ships can thunk anyone carrying any Allied or Friendly pilots that refuses to drop them - because those would be contraband. Our Giuld Guard ID'd ships could thunk anyone carrying police pilots ONLY - and this would include traders and/or smugglers.

Is this also how everyone else reads this rule?
Probably should post that in ID system thread. Ask for admin clarification. Would you oblige?

Shouldn't you be working? I'm telling your boss.

*phones boss*
' Wrote:Probably should post that in ID system thread. Ask for admin clarification. Would you oblige?

Shouldn't you be working? I'm telling your boss.

*phones boss*

Boss is on vacation in Florida... :)

And I'll send it over there...
So basically, if a smuggler is hauling contraband that is recognized by all House as such, in Omicron Theta, for example, Core pilots may not "thunk" him/her if he/she refuses to pay a fine, eject the cargo or unload it at the nearest station?

But if someone is hauling House police in their cargo hold for some bizarre reason out in the lonelicrons, Core pilots may "thunk" them?

Just askin'...
' Wrote:So basically, if a smuggler is hauling contraband that is recognized by all House as such, in Omicron Theta, for example, Core pilots may not "thunk" him/her if he/she refuses to pay a fine, eject the cargo or unload it at the nearest station?

But if someone is hauling House police in their cargo hold for some bizarre reason out in the lonelicrons, Core pilots may "thunk" them?

Just askin'...

That's how I'm reading it.

However, don't forget that Core pilots in fighters, bombers, gunships, and gunboats may operate in House Space, and collect bounties as normal in house space.

Scenario: Corsair is operating in Rheinland, where there are no bounties on them. The Corsair has, due to other encounters, 2 BPA pilots in his hold. A BH ID'd hunter may then engage him. A BHGG ID'd hunter may NOT.

Scenario: A smuggler is going through Omega 7/3 in a transport with a load of cardi. He is attacked by NPC BH pilots and ends beaming some of them onboard. He is then intercepted by a BHGG Battlecruiser. If the smuggler doesn't drop the BH pilots - he can then be destroyed by the Battlecruiser. If he DOES drop the pilots, the Battlecruiser cannot do anything further to him.
one thing i am a bit ( but only slightly ) annoyed about is the rather sneaky approach.

best intentions provided - it looked like we were just voluntarily organizing the whole of the BHG NPC faction by updating the registry ( we had an older one, but registries need to be updated every now and then to include new players that don t do forum digging of posts years ago ) and to provide a "fresh start".

and boom.... it turns out i signed up to become part of an official playerfaction. - sometimes i do take reading the threads too easy - ( mind, i read most of the posts - but some not too attentative ) ... but i had no found evidence at first that it would be a "real" faction - i took it as gathering under a unified banner, but not gathering under a unified orderchain.

that is still not a problem - but could have been made a bit clearer. - i m still not sure if the BHG| is now supposed to be a playerfaction or not. - and i have tried to keep track. ( but from what i see - it is not? )

so - from what i know, the only official BHG faction is the S/D... also owner of omega-56? - could we maybe clear things up here...

is the BHG| a registry or a faction
is it just something like the zoner council - which is led by "authorities" mostly ( or if you wanne say it in coloquial tones - the more popular players have more power )
if it is NOT a real player faction - are there ambitions to become one?
if it is... its a great attempt, but very unorganized, imo - what can be done to organize it? - and does everyone that changed their name to BHG| thingy actually KNOW he is part of a real faction?
' Wrote:one thing i am a bit ( but only slightly ) annoyed about is the rather sneaky approach.

best intentions provided - it looked like we were just voluntarily organizing the whole of the BHG NPC faction by updating the registry ( we had an older one, but registries need to be updated every now and then to include new players that don t do forum digging of posts years ago ) and to provide a "fresh start".

and boom.... it turns out i signed up to become part of an official playerfaction. - sometimes i do take reading the threads too easy - ( mind, i read most of the posts - but some not too attentative ) ... but i had no found evidence at first that it would be a "real" faction - i took it as gathering under a unified banner, but not gathering under a unified orderchain.

that is still not a problem - but could have been made a bit clearer. - i m still not sure if the BHG| is now supposed to be a playerfaction or not. - and i have tried to keep track. ( but from what i see - it is not? )
so - from what i know, the only official BHG faction is the S/D... also owner of omega-56? - could we maybe clear things up here...

is it just something like the zoner council - which is led by "authorities" mostly ( or if you wanne say it in coloquial tones - the more popular players have more power )
if it is... its a great attempt, but very unorganized, imo - what can be done to organize it? - and does everyone that changed their name to BHG| thingy actually KNOW he is part of a real faction?

In a nutshell...

Due to the server changes on ID's, and the desires to keep things rolling along - the S/D merged with the [Core] and became the BHG| / BHG|Core.

This is a faction - a REAL player faction, complete with rules and everything.

The BHG|Core owns Omega-56 as part of the merger from the S/D.

There are guildmasters for each house and for the outer reaches.

As far as actually knowing you joined a real faction - all players that were bounty hunters, whether they were indies or not, that we could contact through Skype were contacted and made part of the chat. If a player did not want to join, he was not coerced into joining.

It should be noted that BHG| and BHG|Core- are official faction tags. If you fly with those tags, you are considered part of the faction. There were admins involved in the discussion / Skype chat, and this has been added to the faction pages. http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?s=...st&p=527633
' Wrote:one thing i am a bit ( but only slightly ) annoyed about is the rather sneaky approach.

The BHG| is a faction, a revised and expanded faction inhabiting the place and built on the same restrictions and guidlines that was formerly the S/D. (Just as the QCF became the BAF.)

Membership is open. Probably a little too open.

The Council is comprised of players that were nominated by various people because of their
a. knowledge of BHG RP
b. their fairness and sense of reason
c. their reputation among the community

It is in its infancy so anything to assist with the organising it would be much appreciated.

The recruitment thread sounds like a registration thread because that was my impression of how a GUild would operate. It is still pretty clear on what membership involves.

The factions status is clear on the intent behind this...

Quote:Ranking and The Guild Council

All Guild members are equals. There is no formal command structure, but certain individuals within the Guild obviously demonstrate experience and acquire the trust and respect of other members of the Guild. Ship type is determined by a Guild member's own appraisal of his or her own competence.

All Guild members are expected to demonstrate the highest standards of role-play in-game and on the forums, whether they fly a Sea Serpent as part of a reconnaisance team or command one of the Guild Core's war-ships. As members of an official faction, all members have a collective responsibility. If one member messes things up, the entire faction faces being punished.

Players new to the server may begin by being ranked as Recruit. They must name their intended starting point within the Guild in one of the Guild Chapters and satisfy the Guildmasters of that Chapter that they are indeed elgibile to be admitted as full Guild members.

There are ten seats on the Guild Council. There are nine Guildmasters who act as ambassadors for the Guild within their designated area of operation. Their duties include but are not limited to the negotiation of diplomacy with the factions they have reason to come into contact with.

Guildmasters monitor Guild activities, deal with complaints against Guild members and co-ordinate Guild operations. They are experienced hunters and leaders who must ensure the Guild's good name is upheld.

Two Guildmasters lead the Guild in Liberty, two in Rheinland, two in Bretonia, and one in Kusari. Two more lead the Guild Core operations in the Sigmas, Omegas and Omicrons. The tenth seat is a non-voting member of the Council who acts in an advisory position, facilitates Guild activities and manages the Guild facilities in Omega 56.

Guildmasters were nominated from among the players because of their fairness, reasonableness, commitment to the Guild, their dedication to upholding the good name of the Guild and their reputation among the community.

The philosophy behind the creation of this faction is that we will lead by example and by modelling good role-play with fairness and consideration for all players in the community.

We expect all members to RP in a manner that reflects the stated aims and character of the faction. We encounter many diverse factions therefore suitable RP in-game is a must. Repeated out of roleplay behaviour and a member is out. Sanctionable behaviour, actions that bring the Guild into disrepute, inconsiderate treatment of other players on the server and anything detrimental to the Discovery community will not be tolerated.

We do not have any ban on multi-factioning. In fact we encourage people to join other factions on the server - this is a community after all and in our experience means one is less likely to do something to make the game less fun for others.

We welcome players new to the server. The faction is a healthy mix of new and veteran players.
yes - joining the faction was too open.... so open that one didn t even know one had walked through a portal.

thanks for clearing it up - and i do wonder how many BHG| actually know they are now in an official playerfaction. - that might be the first thing to make clear to everyone - cause with a faction comes responsibilities - and every member should be aware of it.

another thing is - how does it exclude those that are not in the faction? - surely, we don t apply the faction RP over canon RP like some other factions do.

on the other hand, i very much appreciate the "open doors" for everyone in the very uncomplicated manner - thats a fresh approach unseen with all the exclusive and ever more exclusive factions around ( and ... it is the only approach that works with the BHG at that point anyway )

lets keep the doors open as they are - but make people aware that there are doors.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19