Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Latest FLHooks Plugin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Everyone,

I'd like to install the latest FLHook plugin but seems there are multiple variants / versions and I'm not sure which I should use on my private server or for clients. I apologize for the spam of questions below.

Q: Can someone point me to the latest / recommended FLHook plugin?

Also, I found the following repository (https://github.com/DiscoveryGC/FLHook#fl...covery-310) but it specifically states, "The client hook and the server anticheat are not available due to their sensitivity.", so I'm confused about the use of the FLHook plugin.

Q: Is the above URL the "official site" for access to the Discovery Freelancer FLHook Plugin?
Q: Is there are download repository for FLHook plugin (already compiled) or does the FLHook plugin always have to be compiled?

Q: Are there any step-by-step docs about how to compile the FLHook?

I'm assuming the prior statement about availability of "anticheat" not being publically available means only the source so,
Q: Is there a download for pre-compiled FLHook anticheat for both server and client available somewhere?

Thanks
The link you posted is the most up to date FLHook, with all the plugins we use on the live server except for the anticheat. That is where we do all of our work and push all of our code updates, so, yes, it's official.

We haven't updated the compiled FLHook binaries in ages so, yes, you'd need to install Visual C++ 2017 and build them yourself. It's literally a case of loading up the solution in VC2017, making sure the build type is set to Release, then hitting Build Solution. Sometimes you need to do Build Solution twice in order to get everything to compile cleanly.

The anticheat is not available for public download in any form.
(05-07-2020, 11:28 PM)Kazinsal Wrote: [ -> ]The link you posted is the most up to date FLHook, with all the plugins we use on the live server except for the anticheat.

also except for like two obscure non-sensitive small (IIRC) plugins that just never got published.
I can't be the only one who finds it suspect that someone who joined recently after a cheater-ban wave would be asking about the anti-cheat. Compiled or not, something smells like fish. Just saying
(05-08-2020, 12:29 AM)Kaine Wrote: [ -> ]I can't be the only one who finds it suspect that someone who joined recently after a cheater-ban wave would be asking about the anti-cheat. Compiled or not, something smells like fish. Just saying

@ Kazinsal and Alex, Thank you very much for your explanation. I appreciate the detailed feedback and I understand.

, Why is it that there is always someone on a forum that has to trash-talk someone else? It's no wonder many good folks don't stick around on these forums. "Just Saying".

Not that it matters, but at 54Yrs of age, cheating at playing a game on my own home server (or anyone else's) is not worth my my time or effort. I've been hosting original FLserver at home since about 2003/2004 and Discovery FL since about 2017. This server has not been turned on since 2017 and we just turned it back on after the server (got dropped) when moving things and I wanted to see if it still worked and it booted so we updated from 4.88.1 to 4.93 and started playing again.

This being said, as noted in my original message, I realized that Anti-cheat "source" was not available which is why I was hoping for "pre-compiled" anti-cheat plugins (which does not include source), that I could use on my private server to host Discovery FL externally If I wanted to. After all, you never know when a "smelly fish cheater" might play on your server, right?

Lastly, I had no idea that as you said, "a cheater-ban" resource-action had recently taken place as my primary time is spent as an Sr. escalation engineer for enterprise class customers and with my family.

Regards,
If you had a copy of the anti-cheat. Even if compiled you could experiment around with it and that'd be bad.

I don't think you need to worry about people cheating on your server
(05-09-2020, 12:20 PM)Kaine Wrote: [ -> ]If you had a copy of the anti-cheat. Even if compiled you could experiment around with it and that'd be bad.

I don't think you need to worry about people cheating on your server

Thanks Kaine, I'm glad you cleared that Scooby mystery up as it's been eating at me not knowing if I you thought I had to worry about cheaters on a server. I guess words out now that it's only datacenters have to worry about security (cheater) issues. Nobody ever cheats on game servers... Good to know... Problem Solved... Panic thwarted... Moving on :-)