Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: How to Correctly Reinstall and or Validate Files on DFL Server 4.93
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there a way to perform a server file validation and/or reinstall Discovery binaries / files again (without losing player data on the server?

After updating our Discovery FL server from 4.92 to 4.93 and playing for about 1 week, the server began unexpectedly terminating / closing whenever a player would attempt to create a travel path (waypoint) to another system / sector.

For example, say you want to travel from Tau-53 to Stuttgart.

1) Go to Universe Map
2) Select Stuttgart System
3) Select Zoom In
4) Select Planet Stuttgart
5) Choose Set Best Path
6) FLServer immediately terminates with exception 0xc0000005 (invalid (memory) access violation

I'm thinking that since the FLserver was running fine for about 1 week prior, that we might have a file corruption issue within Discovery FL binaries / files.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
[Image: ZoSPOAb.png]

Just export your accounts to a file
and save your file somewhere, in google drive / mail by sending yourself or whatever.
your accounts will be safe.

after reinstallation, import them back again
(05-09-2020, 09:47 AM)darkwind Wrote: [ -> ][Image: ZoSPOAb.png]

Just export your accounts to a file
and save your file somewhere, in google drive / mail by sending yourself or whatever.
your accounts will be safe.

after reinstallation, import them back again

Thanks Darkwind! Good to know!

Just to confirm, this will this also work for my (private) home server or only for the Discovery RP 24/7 FL Server?

If this won't work for a private FL server, what do you recommend to use to backup / export / import private FL server accounts?

Thanks
Might wanna make a copy of >C:\Users\<UsERnaME>\Documents\My Games\Freelancer\Accts\MultiPlayer< just incase. I think that stores the server chars.
(05-09-2020, 01:19 PM)Kaine Wrote: [ -> ]Might wanna make a copy of >C:\Users\<UsERnaME>\Documents\My Games\Freelancer\Accts\MultiPlayer< just incase. I think that stores the server chars.

Thanks Kaine, that's the path I was looking for.

I looked at that location previously but noticed contents had not changed since Feb 2017 so I moved on still looking but looking at that path again, just realized that as of a week ago we didn't add any new accounts to the server (just exported accounts from old client systems using FAM and imported to new systems and logged into the local server) so of course the date and time stamp of the folder didn't change; low and behold there were the accounts!

Thanks, much appreciated!