Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: NEMP suspension
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
After extensive discussion over recent weeks and months, the team has decided to suspend the use of NEMPs / NEMP events. This means we will no longer be issuing launchers or ammo, and will not be processing requests for NEMP events.

On the whole, the mechanic is not currently in a good place, and is rarely used in a productive manner. This suspension is being put in place while we consider the mechanic's long term future, i.e. whether it is to be reformed or removed altogether.

Currently the team is inclined towards removing NEMPs altogether, and focusing on more narrative driven server events, including those proposed by players. We are open to feedback on this point, and welcome you to provide it in this thread.

The team recognises that launchers represent a significant investment, and we will be offering launcher refunds to affected parties should the mechanic be removed.
Yay, a lot of people spent scidata/cash to nowhere!
Yay! No more terrorism attacks, and nuclear explosions for the power of pixels!
Quote: "haha, finally we have found Buffalo base! Time for siege!"
[Image: aUbk9ha.gif]
What's a nemp
(05-09-2020, 11:50 PM)Kaine Wrote: [ -> ]What's a nemp

it was used as suicide vest but idk people use it to shoot down npc bases but i think its not fun
It was a cool idea. But flawed and very dependent on the other side being bothered as there are no real motivators. For example Core NEMP'd Dabadoru a year ago or so and Order| 1ic threw a hissy fit discouraging Order players from taking part and refusing to acknowledge it as canon (when by default, NEMPs don't even have any real RP consequences and are just a bit of fun). This was also underneath a backlog of other NEMP requests, so it took a while for it to appear. I'm assuming that from an Admin/GM perspective these things are a bit of a hassle to setup. To encourage people to take part anyway I tried asking the Staff at the time to make the supply part of the event profitable. But they recently adopted a policy (as showcased in several events) that NEMP events would not have above-average profit for the repair commodities, which is just not good for encouraging activity, especially when it actually disables a base in the process.

Idk. It was a cool idea, maybe really it should have just been sold at bases in conn as a moneysink for people to create events with. If it goes I don't think I'll particularly miss it, at least with its previous implementation.
I don’t think I’ve seen a single nemp event since I’ve been here, it doesn’t even explode when it hits the base. Quite possibly the most anti climactic thing ever, I don’t think I’ll miss it.
Can we get NEMPs back as a zero-skill nuke, then?

I remember wanting to use the NEMP as a big threat as a smuggler before they reduced its damage to 0.
"Let me through or we all go kaboom."
(05-09-2020, 11:42 PM)Groshyr Wrote: [ -> ]Yay, a lot of people spent scidata/cash to nowhere!

Bruh, Jammi's post literally says they'll do refunds.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5