Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: I am stuck with my rp, please help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone... Recently i have started a rp as a vetenerian, looking to change the lives of wildlife, as i did not see any faction dealing with that matter. I have set up a Gaian character, running a research/hospital vessel for gaian wildlife, and basically asking for donations/raising awareness. I'm trying to be as neutral as i can, and change the gaians but my faction does not support that beliefs and i understand it.

That's why i wanted to change my faction to be more neutral... But i am a bit stuck. I want to stay as a Gaian, because i think both in lore and from my heart, they should do a breakthrough or something impactful for gaian wildlife. They already lost Planet Gaia, and... if Gaian Wildlife is also taken from them, what would be the purpose of them anymore? So i really want to change that. Edinburgh was a big part of freelancer lore, why shouldnt we keep it at least a "part" of the lore?

The Green Party came to my mind. In the lore, it's mentioned as they have significant political pressure in Bretonia, supporting eco-friendly movements, and gaians. I would love to lead them and maybe get them as a neutral entity to Sirius, but i am not sure playing with that idea when Gaians are already dead is a good thinking Confused

So... Would it even be possible to play as a Green Party leader or VIP in gaians? If not, what would be the ID for them? Just... Freelancer? But they are important people in lore. SO... im listening to you guys Big Grin
And... Should i become a zoner and make them even stronger in lore? Should they take care of Wildlife? Do you see this idea even worthy? I have got many positive feedbacks so i guessed that was right, but i dont really know.
So, TL;DR; i want to play around the idea of being an animal lover. Basically a charity. Any ideas to help me achieve bigger things, and one day impact the lore about wildlife?
Zoners of course! They are almost green hippies. They live in their artificial worlds as refuges, they desperately want more of eco good environment.

I think Zoners are good for anything peaceful related.

P.S. If to not impact Zoners... you can just go with Freelancer ID, and making your own past and ground.
Hey there!
It's normal to get stuck sometimes, don't worry you will figure it out eventually.
Regarding solo play. I can't tell your how to play the animal lover thing, but I did manage to play a science guy as a Zoner. Playing solo is really hard at the beginning, this community does not really enjoy solo players that try something new. Depending on the road you take, you will encounter people who would call you a "lolwut" if you go the Zoner way. There is a lot of gatekeeping when it comes to RP, unfortunately.

But there is a bright side to solo RPing and doing your own thing, although you will get people who would not interact with you, you will also find people that would. Find those people and you will have a good time playing disco and implementing your RP idea. It took me couple of months to actually get my solo Scientist RP up and running and actually manage to get people to RP with me. But it is possible, so my final advice is: try what you think you would enjoy the most, don't be afraid to interact with to people ( if they ignore you or make fun of you, don't mind them - if they go along - YEY, you found some nice people (sun) - focus on them)

Also, have fun! (sun)

P.S. I am not that much active in the Omicrons as a Zoner, but my char is still around. Prof. Nerva Regis - if you find yourself stuck, shoot a com and I will try to boost your start in the Zoner Community.
(05-09-2020, 11:57 PM)darkwind Wrote: [ -> ]Zoners of course! They are almost green hippies. They live in their artificial worlds as refuges, they desperately want more of eco good environment.

I think Zoners are good for anything peaceful related.

There is already so much zoners and i really wished i could do this any other way, but i think im in a deadend what i can do as a Gaian and it hurts me.

Would you suggest founding a new org ... or is there one fit for me?
Btw, I just remembered, there's faction dealing with terraforming, which means making eco systems too.

Planetform, you could try its shoes.
(05-10-2020, 12:42 AM)darkwind Wrote: [ -> ]Btw, I just remembered, there's faction dealing with terraforming, which means making eco systems too.

Planetform, you could try its shoes.

Gaians and the Green Front are diametrically opposed to terraforming and Planetform.

In terms of representing the Green Front in game, you could try a Freelancer ID and Gaian IFF. In all likelihood you'd still be shot by lawfuls as a pirate though, so you might want to have a word with the BAF in advance to clear up what you want to do.

Previously I think the Green Front has only been represented on the forum, with I think playing as a Green Party MP.
(05-09-2020, 11:50 PM)sajuuk111 Wrote: [ -> ]The Green Party came to my mind. In the lore, it's mentioned as they have significant political pressure in Bretonia, supporting eco-friendly movements, and gaians. I would love to lead them and maybe get them as a neutral entity to Sirius, but i am not sure playing with that idea when Gaians are already dead is a good thinking Confused

So... Would it even be possible to play as a Green Party leader or VIP in gaians? If not, what would be the ID for them? Just... Freelancer? But they are important people in lore. SO... im listening to you guys Big Grin
And... Should i become a zoner and make them even stronger in lore? Should they take care of Wildlife? Do you see this idea even worthy? I have got many positive feedbacks so i guessed that was right, but i dont really know.
So, TL;DR; i want to play around the idea of being an animal lover. Basically a charity. Any ideas to help me achieve bigger things, and one day impact the lore about wildlife?

Hospital ships are well-known to Discovery (look at 's main RP for his Zoner character), but not particularly common. Of the different roles that we can assume in Discovery, "diplomat" most closely resembles the hospital ship idea. It's a difficult route for a Gaian character to pursue, as the Gaians are a terrorist cell -- a type of organization not well known for its diplomatic graces. Diplomacy is also, generally speaking, a difficult role to pursue in-game at all, since it usually involves talking a lot and getting things in writing.

In other words, policy-building is more of a forum-oriented activity. However, considering you're using a destroyer for this, you have the ability to give your "animal lover" idea some teeth. So here are a few suggestions (none of which are necessarily good ideas, but they may help you brainstorm):
  1. The "research vessel" aspect of your ship is used to scan and observe the environments of other habitable planets for the purpose of spreading Gaian Wildlife there. If such planets are populated, this would create an opportunity for released wildlife to wreak havoc on the native ecosystem, and upset inhabitants, merchants, and authorities planetside.
  2. Have your ship masquerade as a mobile zoo, where you invite rich and powerful patrons to go on a "safari" aboard your ship, but instead you capture them and hold them for questioning or ransom.
  3. Seek cooperation from the Zoners with the wildlife preservation/animal hospital aspect of your ship. Earning the backing of an organization with Sirius-wide presence may earn the Gaians more clout. (This may also get the Zoners to be something other than "neutral" for once.)

Number 1 might be a bad idea because it's not really "preservation", and may well endanger the creatures which are dropped on other planets.
Number 2 might be a bad idea because it involves cooperation from the captured party's player if you base it around in-game interaction (i.e. holding a player character for ransom without the player's consent would likely be considered powergaming). You could instead write such a story on the forums, but depending on your preferences that might be less fun.

You're welcome to use or remix any of these ideas. It's good to see someone trying to give the Gaians a presence on the server, but don't lean exclusively into the "animal lover" idea. Gaians are idealists and radicals. Make sure you let them keep their fighting spirit.
(05-10-2020, 12:52 AM)Grumblesaur Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-09-2020, 11:50 PM)sajuuk111 Wrote: [ -> ]The Green Party came to my mind. In the lore, it's mentioned as they have significant political pressure in Bretonia, supporting eco-friendly movements, and gaians. I would love to lead them and maybe get them as a neutral entity to Sirius, but i am not sure playing with that idea when Gaians are already dead is a good thinking Confused

Hospital ships are well-known to Discovery (look at 's main RP for his Zoner character), but not particularly common. Of the different roles that we can assume in Discovery, "diplomat" most closely resembles the hospital ship idea. It's a difficult route for a Gaian character to pursue, as the Gaians are a terrorist cell -- a type of organization not well known for its diplomatic graces. Diplomacy is also, generally speaking, a difficult role to pursue in-game at all, since it usually involves talking a lot and getting things in writing.

In other words, policy-building is more of a forum-oriented activity. However, considering you're using a destroyer for this, you have the ability to give your "animal lover" idea some teeth. So here are a few suggestions (none of which are necessarily good ideas, but they may help you brainstorm):
  1. The "research vessel" aspect of your ship is used to scan and observe the environments of other habitable planets for the purpose of spreading Gaian Wildlife there. If such planets are populated, this would create an opportunity for released wildlife to wreak havoc on the native ecosystem, and upset inhabitants, merchants, and authorities planetside.
  2. Have your ship masquerade as a mobile zoo, where you invite rich and powerful patrons to go on a "safari" aboard your ship, but instead you capture them and hold them for questioning or ransom.
  3. Seek cooperation from the Zoners with the wildlife preservation/animal hospital aspect of your ship. Earning the backing of an organization with Sirius-wide presence may earn the Gaians more clout. (This may also get the Zoners to be something other than "neutral" for once.)

Number 1 might be a bad idea because it's not really "preservation", and may well endanger the creatures which are dropped on other planets.
Number 2 might be a bad idea because it involves cooperation from the captured party's player if you base it around in-game interaction (i.e. holding a player character for ransom without the player's consent would likely be considered powergaming). You could instead write such a story on the forums, but depending on your preferences that might be less fun.

You're welcome to use or remix any of these ideas. It's good to see someone trying to give the Gaians a presence on the server, but don't lean exclusively into the "animal lover" idea. Gaians are idealists and radicals. Make sure you let them keep their fighting spirit.

My vision about Gaians is currently like this: They have terrorised, they have conquered, but in the end; they have failed, miserably. It's now at a worse state than before. Gaia is gone, wildlife is suffering, basically; they failed.
I wanted to change that... Starting with my persona, moving towards in a vision like this: Force failed, let's move on to devouring the Enclave by political pressure, from all sides. Basically make them give away the Gaia, but keep the system, a No Fire zone at Gaia, but system remains for them. So it's a big work to do, and i was willing to do that.

However, Gaians are not chosen for that, Green Party fits more. But... they dont exist.

Now reading your messages. I want to say what i think right now:

I'll split my characters, one being a researcher, and one being a diplomat in Green Party.

Researcher is ideally a Gaian-Neutral Background, Green Party backed up vetenerian: Has a Nephilim, biodomes for wildlife, a big, colony/hospital/research vessel. Solely focuses on preservation of Wildlife, and setting up colonies/biodomes that contains gaian wildlife.

Diplomat: Green Party member, high ranked, using "ideally" a Gaian Destroyer as his flagship, but totally a lawful one. He's a diplomat. Like... The one the emperor of kusari has. Goes around the sirius, has no unlawful background, focuses on pressuring governments/corporations to help the cause, research and gaining funding for the party. In Exchange, maybe i can do some rp with a bretonian corporation to give them... better deals? Yeah.

That would require me to have at least 1 SRP request i think. I can do my Research vessel with a Zoner ID, however, i most likely prefer a different ID to play. Nevermind, that works okay for now.
The diplomat definitely needs a... SRP i guess? Since there's seriously no way of showing myself as a diplomat in discovery universe. BAF ID? BPI? They are simply military.

What do you think about that? Smile