Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: RUR Announcement || Enfield appointed to provide speech from Weimar capital complex
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Rheinland United Republic Broadcast

[Image: tuQzCRJ.png]

Weimar Capital Complex, Provisional Government Press Centre || 827A.S.
Direktor Geoffrey A Enfield, Büro des Marinenachrichtendiensts

"To citizens of Rheinland and those of Sirius, I speak to you today to attest that these are indeed strange times. I'm sure many of you are wondering, on some far territories, if this is the end for the Republic. I'm here to deliver an answer to that question;

We are here, and we stand strong.

The wishes of what were the revolutions of Von Rohe that birthed our republican dream are hard to kill, and those who fight for it are as equally difficult to remove. Under quick organization of our military, civilian, and federal emergency management teams, it is now critical to fight for what is the last bastion of Rheinland's democratic freedoms as we face the turmoil of an iron-fisted monarchy supported on the foundations of a corporatocracy who take no effort to hide their attitude of expendability to their fellow citizens, soldiers and so-called friends.

And to this, I wish to inform you that the remaining organizations and teams of our old federal government that have vowed to rebuild our Republic have made a declaration of unity. As such, we raise the flag of our new state, one formulated by egalitarian rights and civil liberties under a democratic union that is a rarity of today's age of Sirius. I now pass on the message to you: It is my honor to announce the founding of the Rheinland United Republic on the new capital planet of Weimar.

I, as a civil servant and the head of the Büro des Marinenachrichtendiensts, declare my allegiance to the Rheinland United Republic. In service of protection and support of its people, territories, and founding ethics against those who wish to see its destruction. I extend a hand to those who wish to stand in the line of duty in service to the Republic and its people, not just soldiers, but workers, civilians, traders, and allies. It is only when we stand united that the true goal of the Von Rohe Revolution will stand strong.

Our sacrifice, is for you."

[Image: g0WA21S.png]

To the citizens of Sirius;

ALG Waste Disposal salutes Direktor Enfield's pledge to the forces of democracy. Furthermore, ALG hereby recognises the Rheinland United Republic as the sole legitimate authority governing Rheinland space.

To all true citizens of Rheinland: your house needs you more than ever before. Join the ranks of the many who, as I speak, are fighting for the freedom of so many more. To those who refuse to be cowed; those who refuse to kneel to the traitors who demand to rule over you: we need you.

For freedom, for dignity and - for Rheinland!

Erich Stohl
President
ALG Waste Disposal

[Image: 9JwWorU.png]
[Image: XXFKLSs.png]
Quelle: Federal War Office, Planet Weimar, Thuringia system, Rheinland Vereinigte Republik
Von: Gardisten Hauptmann Hans Ollendauer
An: --
Gegenstand: --
Verschlüsselung: BW-SF-OK-SCS-VK12

An die vielen, die bleiben,

The Federal War Office, in remembrance of the many who have fallen for the Bundesrepublik before, unanimously praises Herr Enfield for his dedication and perseverance in the face of all opposition, and for his devotion to the Rheinland people. We shall follow his example, and form the Vereinigte Bundeswehr to formalize the dissolute elements of the Rheinland Military under a united, common banner. The VBW shall welcome any officer, past or present of any origin, whose heart remains with the people of this nation, and whose aim remains the defense of our people from all hostile intentions.

May there always be a Rheinland to defend, a people to protect, and a code to enforce.

Für Rheinland,
Gardisten Hauptmann Hans Ollendauer,
on behalf of the
Federal War Office

[Image: HoJg5HC.png]

Sealed Communications Line

[Image: FbW5AWy.gif]
[Image: k61Y0RT.gif]
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Image: qHe9rfS.png?1]
With cordial respect to the recipient, from the office of the VonClaussen estate, Planet Hamburg.

Sent on behalf, and dictated by, his excellency, Herr VonClaussen of the Sternenseegarten, Östlichedornberge, Planet Hamburg.

Reviewed by the pressers and communications team of the #Linus827 campaign.

Communications do not constitute policy declarations unless stated by Linus VonClaussen or a representative of the VonClaussen policy team.

The Von Claussens provide signed permission for messages released in these transmissions to be quoted in external forums and media, including press broadcasts.

Addressed to: Any Junta insurrectionists who might be listening.
Urgency: Personal.
Encryption: Unencrypted.

Linus VonClaussen grimaces.

"I would suggest you make up your mind. "

" Are you claiming to be a continuity of the executive branch of the prior republic - a Republic that overwhelmingly voted for the Imperial party, by popular elect, and is still present within the elected parliament of the Empire?

Or are you a succession order, driven to carve out your own state?
You cannot be both.

I rather get the impression that you are a band of chancers and neconservatives dressing yourself up in all the colours of the Bundschuh in order to prevent a historical investigation of your crimes. Let us list them.

The Nuremburg Holocaust. The Rheinland-Liberty War. Crafting the Sigma war, and then abandoning it without popular edict. Using foreign organisations to influence the news, violating the independence of the media and the fourth estate. Shooting at reporters. Refusing to hand over the reigns of government to a newly appointed incoming government. Allowing Rheinland to be occupied by the Alien. Greed. Corruption. Dependence upon loans. Bribery. The abandonment of Dresden. Courting war with Kusari, Bretonia, and Liberty, all within twenty years. Gutting worker's protections. Gutting our industries. Cutting healthcare and education. Allowing Stuttgart to be reverse-terraformed. Arresting public servants without a warrant.

Your arrogance will unmake you. An unelected spy, pledging to overturn the elected government in the name of Democracy. Laughable.

You cannot even agree on what -we- are. You call us expansionist, aggressive, corporate-owned, totalitarian. Projection.

You know exactly what Rheinland has chosen to become. Rheinland has chosen to become a constitutional monarchy. Our goals are simple. One. Prevent violent contest with other states. Two; protect our citizens from abuse by those who would strip them of their entitlements to exploit their labour. Three. Protect our industries from noncompetitive practices. Four: Put an end to lobbying.

You know this. I know this. Yet you refuse. You lie, over and over, spinning silk histrionics.

And the very citizens upon who you would court, who rejected you en-masse on Stuttgart, New Berlin, Hamburg, and Holstein. They are not held against their will. At any point they could leave their homes, board their shuttles, and fly to you.
Ask yourself - why do they not?

You bandy around nouns, nouns, nouns. "Dignity. Freedom. Democracy. Liberty. Unity." These are the concepts you, yourselves, have raised in this transmission. I hope that my peers in the Imperial Parliament will be viewed by historians to represent these values. Yet, we know it is not our role to say who stands for Freedom, and who does not. Freedom is not a badge, it is not a flag, it is not a uniform. It acts of kindness, self-sacrifice, and dedication. Presently I am attempting to rehouse Nuremberg refugees and ensure wounded veterans receive the medical attention they require. You are engineering weaponry.

The the mask always slips. You reveal who you truly are.

"A code to enforce."

"Join the ranks"

"Emergency management"

" it is now critical to fight."

There is a great ire here. Out of all of us, Mr Stohl, Mr Ollendauer, and Mr Enfield - I am the only one responding to this transmission who has won their office by the popular vote. I, an Imperial, am the only real democrat amongst a cadre of jackboots.

Food for thought. If you truly believed in the freedom, egality, and brotherhood between men, then you would sign a document agreeing to the abrogation of civilian targets and abductions. One will be sent to you shortly. Here is the test as to if you will uphold the values you claim to stand for. The litmus as to if you truly care for Rheinland - or only for the gunmetal, grim influence of your uniforms.

For many a terrorist has killed in the name of hollow words.

Ask yourself - are you prepared to kill every man, woman and child in Rheinland who did not vote for you? Will you proclaim that they had to die, for 'democracy'?

I have a noun, a noun with which you have not used. Nor do you have any understanding of the concept.

"Decency."

With civility and respect, I remain a Servant of his Imperial Majesty, Kaiser Albrecht, and the Imperial Order;
[Image: yJSGkMo.png]
[Image: XXFKLSs.png]
Quelle: [REDACTED]
Von: A Soldier of the Federal Republic
An: --
Gegenstand: --
Verschlüsselung: MD-3453-UB

Dear Von Idiot,

Ironic that you claim to "stand for democracy and the will of the people" when you couldn't even win a majority in your own elections. And when that failed you resort to a military coup which will fail much like your association with the Unioner terrorists. Ofcourse, you wish to denounce us for peacefully resolving issues with the Bundschuh, while you consort with terrorists who have no qualms with killing civilians. And yet you wonder why loyal men and women of the Republic refuse to let our great nation fall. It is your Imperialist backers that push for such aggressive wars, such as in the Sigma's where we had to face off against Kusari. You are the men who will throw millions of lives away on a whim to relive the "glory" that put our nation into the ruin it was in. You and your Imperialist traitors will face justice, you can rest assured of that.

Für Rheinland,
Loyal Soldier of the Federal Republic

[Image: HoJg5HC.png]

Sealed Communications Line

[Image: FbW5AWy.gif]
[Image: k61Y0RT.gif]
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Image: qHe9rfS.png?1]
With cordial respect to the recipient, from the office of the VonClaussen estate, Planet Hamburg.

Sent on behalf, and dictated by, his excellency, Herr VonClaussen of the Sternenseegarten, Östlichedornberge, Planet Hamburg.

Reviewed by the pressers and communications team of the #Linus827 campaign.

Communications do not constitute policy declarations unless stated by Linus VonClaussen or a representative of the VonClaussen policy team.

The Von Claussens provide signed permission for messages released in these transmissions to be quoted in external forums and media, including press broadcasts.

Addressed to: Any Junta insurrectionists who might be listening.
Urgency: Personal.
Encryption: Unencrypted.

Linus VonClaussen grimaces.

"To be on the moral side of history, one cannot simply claim to be the 'good guy'. You need benign intentions."

" One.
The Imperial party won the popular majority in the 827 elections. This is a matter of objectivity.

Two.
A 'military coup'? I am a civilian, not a general, quite unlike yourself, Sir. The Police and the military serve the Rheinland government and the Rheinland people. They have an obligation to refute unlawful orders. The only group who was able to command the defence department at the time was the coalition government of the Federal Summative Coalition of the Federal Conservatives, and the DPF. The DPF won a minority share of the vote yet was still directing policy to the Federal Conservatives, who they were ideologically opposed against. The soldiers of our brave military resisted an unlawful order to arrest Imperialist members of the Bundestag, and immediately faced reprisals from the BDM. The Senate moved in favour of abrogating the term of the Chancellor due to the ensuing constitutional crisis, who, instead of following the precedent of Chancellor Schulte, chose to set up an unlawful rump state on Weimar using powers that she does not possess, in defiance of both the popular vote, the legal norms of Rheinland, and the role of her own office. This is why we are here. The only 'Military Coup' is the Secret Service actively attempting to depose, assassinate, and arrest members of the Rheinland senate without any legal basis, and the ensuing armed revolt your 'democracy' has triggered. I seem to recall that you have not had any kind of election or democratic legislature progress since then. The Rheinland government has continued to function in former Chancellor Neumann's absence.

Three.
I have no association with the Unionists. The Rheinland Government simply does not criminalise people for being a member of a trade Union. If a Unioner commits an act of piracy, and it is reported to us, then they will be arrested. Feel free to peruse all of my communications logs. If you would like to browse over the unedited logs from that uproarious 'report' the BDM made on me after they forced me into a Nebula at gunpoint, I would adore the opportunity to expose them to the magnifying glass of the truth.

Four.
You speak of loyalty. Former Chancellor Neumann was an elected official. She was a public servant. She was obliged to serve the citizens who elected her. When she abused her office by attempting to overturn an election, she broke all meaning and public trust in her office. Now, Rheinland has a new Chancellor. Rheinland also has a king to prevent officials from exercising their powers without restraint or respect for tradition, as Neumann was. But our king is not an autocrat - we will not be harmed, or arrested, for choosing to disagree with the Emperor. I was criminalised for whistle-blowing evidence of the Federalist schemes to engineer a new, inter-house war. I unveiled corruption, and was persecuted for my efforts. If a member of our government is corrupt, and information showcasing their corruption is made public, a whistle-blower would be applauded. This is the difference between the Federalist Lie and the Imperialist Reality. Are the thirty eight billion Imperial supporting citizens of Rheinland, your adversaries? No, Sir. It is the citizens of Rheinland to whom Neumann was disloyal.

Five.
The recent conflict in the Sigmas emerged from tensions between Federal Rheinland and the GMG over Sigma Fifteen, viewing the action as territorial brinksmanship. The Imperials detest that the conflict escalated into a fully blown conflict with Kusari, and consider the situation with the GMG largely resolved. I do not hold you accountable for Chancellor Neimann and his warmongering, do not attempt to pin a two hundred year old war upon me. It is going to be rather amusing if the Federalist Junta attempts to blame the Empire for actions that occurred before the Empire was in power. A rather economical use of the truth, that.

Six.
I am an elected official. "Face justice"? There is a criminal court and an investigative board which monitors the actions of all Rheinland officials for malpractice and corruption. Perhaps you believe that they are not doing their jobs adequately. What would your form of justice be, Insurrectionist?

When our police arrest an Insurrectionist partisan, irrespective of the severity of their crime, they are encouraged to take them alive where possible. This is expressly due to the belief that everyone deserves equal and equivalent treatment. Our King is subject to the same laws I am.

So tell me, Soldier, are you going to Lynch me, in the name of justice? As you have no faith in the court system - would a lynching, to you, be 'just'?

If we do not have consensus, then we have only chaos.

With civility and respect, I remain a Servant of his Imperial Majesty, Kaiser Albrecht, and the Imperial Order;
[Image: 9Sq9Fkp.png]
Provisional Federal Army

[Image: IkvOKon.png]

Transmission received
Code recognised as NNA-419A-PFA
Decrypting....

Recipient: Public Channel
Sender: Walter Kappmann - Provisional War Office, PFA
Date: 11.05.827 A.S.
Subject: Igniting the beacon
Priority: Medium

[Image: 6iTA4Jo.png]

Fellow soldiers, citizens, friends,

The last days and weeks have been a time of great hardship. We have seen ursurpers of a long gone throne rise up, carried into office by people blinded by populism, by terrorists looking to gain a priviliged position in the emperors new state, and by generals and admirals yearning to relive the glory days of when the houses were in fear of the mighty fleets of Rheinland - and the people were in fear of their own protectors.

We saw friends become enemies, old enemies become comrades in a struggle against the unjust. We witnessed people try to fight for their homes. When they couldn't fight, they fled. And we saw those who still stand by the three grand ideals - liberty, egality, fraternity - scramble to come together and defend them. That part I know well. I have played a part in it myself, afterall. But, despite the efforts of those who remained, many things were up in the air. We found ourselves at the abyss, one step away from falling. The future of Rheinish democracy unclear.

These times are over now. The gears have been set in motion, and a new government has come together. One that is free of the pitfalls and the baggage that has led us into this conflict - may they stay with the so called empire, may they vanish with it. A beacon of hope has been set ablaze today. It shines its light upon all of us who are willing to look at it. It will lighten up this darkest of nights and give us the strength to continue until the false regent is no more. Until empire has come to the same inevitable end as its inspiration did.

I, for my part, hereby pledge allegiance to the Rheinland United Republic, the people of Rheinland it wishes to free and protect, its ideals and its officials who have proclaimed their loyalties all the same.

I also declare my intention to get into contact with the newly founded Federal War Office and will discuss with it the transfer of all units currently under command of the Provisional Federal Army to the Vereinigte Bundeswehr. Following this I shall hand over all authority to its high command and step down from all offices I held during the existence of the Provisional War Office, unless the War Office requests me to stay in its employ in any capacity.

True to the ideals of the Republic, I have done all I could to serve it in dire times. Now I put my fate its hands. I implore everyone who shares my views to do the same. Only if we stand together we can make it through these times, and prevail.

And to the Imperial puppeteer seeking to hijack this channel for his own polemic I have but a few words: Keep your nose out of this matter; I'm sure it is better employed somewhere else in your grand empire. Here you will find nothing more to destroy, so don't waste those precious seeds of discontent.

Stand together, citizens of Rheinland,

Walter Kappmann
Provisional War Office
Provisional Federal Army of Rheinland

Attachments: -

[Image: xRenhnC.png]
Die Weiße Rose

To the people and democratic forces of Rheinland:

The Weiße Rose movement hereby recognizes the Rheinland United Republic as the sole and legitimate authority in Rheinland, with Weimar as its capital planet. Moreover, the Partei für ein neues Rheinland reaffirms its will to act as representatives of the people in cooperation with the other rallying democratic parties.

We Bundschuh will once again stay true to our history, standing as always amongst those who fight for justice, equality and the actual rule of law in our beloved house. From now on, our armed branch considers itself bound to assist and protect every courageous citizen answering Direktor Enfield's call to join the Republican side.

May our Sacred Union thrive until the Imperial demise and in the near future blossom into a permanent, free, fair Rheinish State. Von Rohe, here we are!

FÜR RHEINLAND!

On behalf of the Weiße Rose movement and the Partei für ein neues Rheinland,
Generaloberst Wilfried Lichtenberg
W. Lichtenberg
Oberst Maja Kurbjuweit
M. Kurbjuweit