Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Revert Trading Routes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I think new mining ore routes are quite absurd. Who agrees with it.
  • Finding something worthwhile to bring on a way back is quite problematic.
  • RP fun for traders and old legacy was lost
  • Choices, where we can go with precious ore, were lost
  • Accent to make the pirate job even easier is wrong when the routes were actually having a lot of bottlenecks before too
I noticed Copper ore and Military Salvage both go to either Gallia or Omicron Theta, earlier this morning. Nice stuff.

And yes i know about the unlawful locations.
revert
None of the poll options reflect my view. You can give people more sell choices and still focus the routes more than they were in the old system, by giving sell choices along those routes, and changing jh connections to keep players focused on fewer routes.
I think it's really necessary to focus on usual trading now. Ordinary commodities has no chance against ore. There is absolutely no reason to trade 99% of commodity – it will be just a waste of time, because the profit is just ridiculous. Commodity trading looks like a bad joke nowadays.

About the routes, yah... I've nothing against the new ones, but the old ones seemed to me more diverse. Because, you know, simplification of gameplay where it isn't required is bad.
(05-21-2020, 12:44 PM)Karlotta Wrote: [ -> ]None of the poll options reflect my view. You can give people more sell choices and still focus the routes more than they were in the old system, by giving sell choices along those routes, and changing jh connections to keep players focused on fewer routes.
This is the approach that's being taken in phase 2. An examination of mining field locations and system connectivity to better manage route direction and chokepoints. Multiple sellpoints along the same route aren't desirable though. It's better to have a destination region that traders, smugglers and cargo pirates all need to use to offload.

(05-21-2020, 12:55 PM)Save My Soul Wrote: [ -> ]I think it's really necessary to focus on usual trading now. Ordinary commodities has no chance against ore. There is absolutely no reason to trade 99% of commodity – it will be just a waste of time, because the profit is just ridiculous. Commodity trading looks like a bad joke nowadays.
Ore trading is supposed to be more profitable than commodity trading, because its scarcity is limited by player production, with mining acting as a bedrock for activity across a multitude of factions. Trade ore if you can get it, encourage miners to mine, encourage pirates to seek out their preferred nemesis corporate factions. Perpetuate the activity ecology.

If you can't find ore, trade commodities.
Not happening. We'll adjust as we go along and you're welcome to post constructive feedback but we aren't going back to "pretty much everything sells pretty much everywhere".
Merge new routes with old
I haven't had a large amount of exposure to the new system so far, but I trust Jammi and Karst know what they're doing.
(05-21-2020, 01:02 PM)jammi Wrote: [ -> ]Multiple sellpoints along the same route aren't desirable though. It's better to have a destination region that traders, smugglers and cargo pirates all need to use to offload.

It's only "better" for the people controlling the sell point through piracy or diplomacy. It's worse for everyone else, including the people who control the ore field and nearby route through piracy or diplomacy.
Pages: 1 2 3