Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Hayashi Aiko
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Comm ID: Akechi Mitsuhide
Recipient: Hayashi Aiko
Subject: Nodachi.

It is likely you will not remember me, though I remember you and the mercy you showed by allowing me a second chance at my wayward path. While I struggled to keep a firm grasp on the truth, I knew the Dragons were not the mindless dogs those I swore my oath too praddled on and on about. Though with each passing day my resolve was worn more thin.

When I failed to best you, I was sure i'd meet a brutal end, unfitting of any warrior of Kusari, though you let me go, and to this day I still cannot understand why. Something happened a few months back, a Dragon had been captured by the Kempeitai. I was assigned to the team meant to extract information from her, I need not detail the horrors done to her, we both know full well the cruelty of the false Emperor's agents, despite weeks of torment, she held on, she remained defiant. When the others had given up and I was selected to break her will, I saw fear, a broken spirit. I executed her to save her from further torment, knowing full well it would be my end.

Needless to say I was tortured till my breaking point, I can no longer walk properly or wield a blade, I rotted on Fuchu Prison for the last 2 months, there were many assaults by your people, talks of escape in the damp dark halls of the prison. Dragons clinging to hope against all odds, when I had none. I suppose some of them overheard why I was there, the last prison break saw an uprising, many of us escaped, many of us died. The Dragons took me with them and fled, and here I am on Hikone, hearing their stories, hearing their dreams, hearing their truths.

With everything I've learned in this new chapter of my life.... or what's left of it anyway, I still only have one question. Why did you let me live when I was no different than the rest of your hated enemy?

Long live Kusari and her people.
[Image: avatar_30918.png?dateline=1449208332]

[Image: wFdjUzP.png]
[Image: tGPptU8.gif]

Identification: Hayashi Aiko, Nakai Clan
Subject: Bushido

[Image: KxINWT1.gif]

Gomeiwaku meiwaku o kakete sumimasen, I cannot imagine the horrors you and our fellow Dragons have been through.

Hai hai, I remember you... I had to bail from my Katana shortly after scoring the final blow. However, Dragon Shizumo recovered me and respected my wishes to let you go.

We Clan Dragons adhere to the Bushido Code, in this code as I have come to learn it, it teaches us of respect. A true warrior has no reason to be cruel, nor do they have to prove their strength. They are courteous even to their enemies and are not only respected for their strength in battle, but by their dealings with others.

My mother once told me of an ancient human custom where atmospheric fighter pilots would shoot down their foe's craft and then allow the pilot to live, I think it would have been for the same reason as me. I let you go because you are not my enemy, the vessel in which you flew, the markings, those that provided the vessel, they are my enemy.

You have my respect.

One day we shall free Kusari from the corruption of the Keiretsu and usher in a new golden age for Kusarians.

Death to the false Emperor! Long live the Dragons!

Arigatogozaimasu,
Hayashi Aiko
Dragon of Nakai Clan.