Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Canonized Leader Characters
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Good day.

This notice is to address something in need to be clarified by the team, regarding canonized characters. What are canonized characters? These are characters that are confirmed to be part of the true/official continuity of the mod. Example: Trent, Juni, Queen Carina, President Hawthorne. In some cases, canonized characters may be just a passing mention like Admiral Wendi White of the Battleship Missouri.

However, this notice serves to address the use of canonized characters that sit in the top of the pyramid in terms of faction/House power. If it was not clear before, then this is the position of the team regarding canonized players that are rulers/leaders:

No heads of state can be role-played, be it by players or player governments. They are Story property. Any next of kin or pretenders are not cannon, thus not recognized in any shape or form.

If there is a need to role-play the powers that be, it should be done by a non-canonized character. If there's an actual need for the specific canonized character to be role-played, please address this with the team in the story chats first and then file an official faction request with the house/faction account to be considered.

Thank you for your time.
So is an NPC now?
too?
(05-23-2020, 01:36 PM)Groshyr Wrote: [ -> ] too?

They can take away our , but they will never take away our White Boxes!
What's about ?
(05-23-2020, 01:41 PM)Groshyr Wrote: [ -> ]What's about @King Charles XI?

In comatose.

dead
Sounds like a huge aversion to player agency to me. What are you afraid of?
Is Mike Stah a canonized character?... Asking for a friend.
Looks to me like corporate heads and the like are safe, and only House Govs are affected.

Also, as though factions can't just be like "incidents," "patrols," or "police actions" to get Houses fighting wars.

EDIT: Yes, this is clearly meant to head off some outrageous powergaming from an Official Faction lording it over indies on the level of "we own the government", I know.
(05-23-2020, 10:52 PM)Backo Wrote: [ -> ]Is Mike Stah a canonized character?... Asking for a friend.

Obviously he is. If Carina is canonized, Stah is double canonized.
Pages: 1 2 3