Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Text Gone Wild
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Got a new comp today and spent a good deal of the afternoon configuring it, updating it, deleting adware...

Has onboard intel graphic chip set. Updated the graphics drivers and latest DirectX stuff. Yes, running Vista home premium, not XP :/

Here's what I get when I look at any info (blue screen) stuff:

Graphics Glitch

It's a real paing trying to fly around with this going on... and I haven't a clue where to go from here. I've ran DXDiag and it, of course, says everything is working fine. My driver is as up to date as it can be.

The game looks gorgeous aside from this... I mean, WOW, graphics in general are superb. I saw the Xeno gun effect for the first time (looks like blood being shot at ya!)
Try runnning as admin?
I had something along those lines as well. Try making sure 3D sound is switched off, strange i know but it fixed my problem. Only other thing i can think of is if you had the most up to date driver for your card already then downloaded the same driver on an update to override it this can cause problems on vista. Try deleting your driver and download from new. Hope this helps.
That can't be right. Turn off 3D sound first, yes. If that doesn't work, try the below:

Place your CD in the drive, or, place your 'CD' in your 'CD drive'.

Open the CD in Explorer and go to REDIST. Run MSXML3.MSI

This fixed my similar graphics glitch some time ago.

(Thanks Dustin!)
I did both, or all, of the suggestions above.

Some what of a change in the result. Now, I have the text warping blinking, like a heart beat, until I put the cursor over the icon of an object. Once over an icon it simply reverts to clear, readable text.

In space, randomly I'm getting the same: all of the red messages along with system text, that appears on the left side of the screen will just go berserk, not readable at all. If I move the cursor to one of the item in the left box (a station or player) there is a chance that the red text will reset and I can see it.

Just wierd.

Samples:

cursor not over object

cursor over object
' Wrote:Has onboard intel graphic chip set.
this my best guess in finding cause for this issue- Although it should work perfectly fine with FL...sometimes it dont...

try tuning down some graphic settings or try to assign more memory to onboard GF
I think you're right. I've tried to mess with it somewhat, but don't understand it well enough to systematically test it out.

Can someone point me to how to assign more memory to the GPU?

Also, it is OpenGL for the 3D settings. I've looked but can't find a guide on what each of the OpenGL settings do... Anyone have a link for that or can explain them?

Simplest solution is to just buy a decent graphics card, and I think I may do that pretty soon. I have a 16x PCIe slot, might as well use it.
Hmm... The same thing is happening to me. My computers being a bit dodgy at the moment... Unfortunatley, relative to the community, I don't have much experience in computing. Is there any simple solution?
Well, I went bought the card to replace the on board intel drivers

here's what I got:

Sparkly Card

Hopefully this resolves my issues