Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Bordeaux Orbital Terminal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

[Image: tlshTng.png]
Bordeaux Orbital Terminal

RECIPIENT: MAE Staff
SENDER: MAE CEO Fabian Montluc
SUBJECT: Commencing important project
[Image: ZYZKHda.gif]

Mes collègues,

As I have recently informed on the internal network, MAE is about to commence the construction of the docking infrastructure for planet Bordeaux. It being the seat of MAE and the loyal royalist Enclave, it is of utmost importance that we complete this project soon and well. According to our agreement with the Enclave leadership, building this critical infrastructure will re-assure the Enclave of our loyalty to the Monarchy, and gain access to the sealed jump gate in ** for us. Not only the access to the EFL gates will open opportunities for new products and know-how for our corporation, but also further our endeavours on constructing the "slingshot" to get to the Antilles system. Therefore, I hereby officially commence the project on construction of Bordeaux's orbital docking infrastructure, that for technical purposes shall be named "Project XN-01".

Having discussed the project with our engineering team, we have reached the conclusion that an orbital terminal would serve the purposes of the Enclave better than the orbital ring. The reasons are few:
  1. The terminal will avail more large ships docking simultaneously. Because the Enclave possesses a significant fleet of warships, the option where more of them are docked in space rather than fewer of them landing on the planet is preferable. We do not have shortage of smaller logistical vessels that can in shortest time deliver everything needed from the surface to the terminal.
  2. Significant share of Enclave's military personnel is serving in space, hence similarly to point one in order to ensure higher mobility of the personnel, faster deployment, and ease of logistical support, more docking points in space are preferable to limited access through the docking ring.
  3. There still Gaian radicals on Bordeaux. They are a nuisance, and can cripple certain infrastructure points with their meaningless attacks. Therefore, for security purposes it is safer to keep expensive and difficult to repair assets in space, out of reach of the Gaians on the surface.
  4. The atmosphere of Brodeaux is still accessible to smaller vessels that can reach the surface without burning down with ease. Hence, the advantages of altered landing tunnel of the docking ring seem redundant.

The general provisions above are to be taken into consideration when carrying out the project. In order to start, we will first need to ensure that our work will be stable and unhindered. To that end, orbital construction site is to be organised with temporary small platforms used to join the important modules of the terminal in question, and to provide housing for the personnel working on situ.

A significant share of materials will be needed. While some of them are to be imported, some can be fabricated by MAE and other Enclave entities on Bodeaux from raw resources. Therefore, I request the engineering team to calculate the amount of resources and goods necessary for the initial stage of construction and to deliver this information to the logistics division. The latter, based on the information obtained, is to prepare the list of materials to be delivered, optimal delivery routes and prices, and ensure that supply system is working without issues. Security division is to devise the plan for the maintenance of the highest security possible on the site and to protect the construction from foreign entities. Collaboration with the Enclave forces is highly advisable due to the gravity of our undertakings.

Having completed this steps, I expect the engineering division to prepare the schematics for the orbital terminal alongside its expected capabilities that will be reported to the Enclave HQ. For your inspiration and motivation, the concept of the orbital terminal is represented below.

[Image: unknown.png]

This project is crucial for MAE both commercially and politically. Failure is not an option.

Fabian Montluc

END OF MESSAGE

[Image: 8PsHgtz.png]
[Image: V1fzNY0.png]

INCOMING TRANSMISSION

RECIPIENT: MAE R&D Division; MAE CRO
SENDER: Dr. Jacqueline Brisson; MAE R&D Division
ENCRYPTION: High
SUBJECT:The internal and external circuit.

Salutations, M. Montluc. Voici la Dr Jacqueline Brisson of MAE R&D Division.

Now I will give you my idea about planning the Bordeaux Orbital Terminal station.

First, I’ll talk about the exterior of the station. Since a dock is required for large vessels, I propose adding a couple of separate ones and installing repair ships there so that the ships of the Enclave can recover as soon as possible and not wait for their turn at Issodun. You can also add a couple of docking modules to the station itself. And also it will be possible to install a couple of different protective platforms with the latest weapons and it would not be bad if a protective shield was installed at the station. In addition to the protective equipment, I propose adding the crew of the Lynx ships on the radio control or artificial intelligence.

The insides.
I consider it necessary that there be entertainment places for employees of the enclave. If the station will be inhabited by civilians, then equip them with the infrastructure from the inside and also deal with residential compartments. And also the station should be equipped with medical departments in case someone gets hurt. There should be a cargo compartment at the Bordeaux Orbital Terminal so that we can store food, medical supplies, ship repair materials and stations there. And I also propose establishing a laboratory for the Enclave scientists. I propose to add a factory to collect the components of the docking rings for the planet Bordeaux and also mounts for Capital ships. And also there is the idea of ​​testing the station-planetary elevator. The principle of operation - the elevator accelerates on-air engines, after which it gains the height of the final atmosphere, then the gravity devices are turned on, after which people gradually arrive at the base. The whole journey takes no more than 20 minutes.

TRANSMISSION ENDS

[Image: lmkgxGH.png]
[Image: V1fzNY0.png]

INCOMING TRANSMISSION

RECIPIENT: MAE Engineering Division; MAE Logistics Division; MAE R&D Division; MAE CEO
SENDER: Chief Engineer Jordan Duverger, Engineering Division
ENCRYPTION: High
SUBJECT:Blueprints

Collègues,

The Engineering Division is happy to announce that, having considered the objectives set forth by Baron Montluc, and information provided by the R&D, we have developed the schematics for the Orbital Terminal to be deployed in the orbit of Bordeaux. The station will allow multiple ships of various sizes to dock and to support the current flow of ships in and out of the planet, as well as the increased flow resulting from deploying the station in question. The station is to be built of separate modules, more of which can be added after the completion of the construction to expand the capacity of the orbital terminal. Please, find hereunder the schematics attached.

[Image: F3sU2eq.png]

The Engineering division has sent over the internal channels technical information to the logistics division in order for the latter to provide the list of materials needed for the construction. While the materials are being delivered, the Engineering Division shall deploy construction ships and erect temporary construction platforms for further works. Once the materials start to arrive, we will be ready to commence the construction of the orbital terminal without any delays.

Cordialment,
Chief Engineer Jordan Duverger

TRANSMISSION ENDS