Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Issue changing characters
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I made a recent post because I believed I was having issues because of a /restart command that I did. But now I see it's an intermittent problem, especially when I change characters. I normally leave the server before entering with a new character to remain anonymous on other characters. No matter what I do, when entering with the new character, the screen will appear for a brief moment before going black. After about 10 seconds the game closes. I've tried waiting for a minute or two before reentering but it still does this. It appears commonly with random moments where I am able to jump right into another character without any issues.

Is this a known issue or is it possibly anti-virus related? Thanks again for any advice!
What antivirus are you using?

Have you set an exception for DSAce.dll?
Have you set an exception for the Discovery folder?

Have you tried reinstalling Discovery?
Was your original install of Freelancer modified in any way?

What OS are you using?
(05-27-2020, 10:41 PM)Champ Wrote: [ -> ]What antivirus are you using?

Have you set an exception for DSAce.dll?
Have you set an exception for the Discovery folder?

Have you tried reinstalling Discovery?
Was your original install of Freelancer modified in any way?

What OS are you using?

Sorry for the late reply. I wanted to test a few of your questions out first before replying.

I use Bitdefender and set the exceptions. No help. I did a complete uninstall of the mod and the main game Freelancer and now it seems to be working.

Thanks for the info and will reply here if the problem pops back up again.

P.S. I was a bit upset since before when I started the game the start screen would flash at me. I installed the mod without bloom and it doesn't do that anymore. Double win. Cheers.