Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Building a base and other questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So I decided I want to build a base,

I found an old thread with the materials required got myself a base construction ship on Honshu and realized the materials required in the guide do not match up with what is described on the ship, furthermore on the guide it says a base must be restocked daily to survive, I'm going on vacation with my GF (introduce her to my parents) and I will not have access to my PC for several days, what happens to that base? I've also seen POBs attacked brought to zero and a shield appears, does this mechanic mean that bases are only disabled from this point on?
I was kinda hoping to create a base next to Erie to help out new players/characters.

In any event is it possible to have an updated goods list please?

Cheers!
Good evening.

This is the Guide for Building Player Owned Bases (POBs):
https://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=80349

Most of the information is correct, but such things as this:
Quote:For example, to make a Core 4 Base with the following Modules:

• 5 x Storage
• 2 x Weapon Platforms
• 1 x Shield Module
• 1 x Docking Module Factory
• 1 x Jump Drive Factory
• 1 x Cloaking Device Factory
• 1 x Hyperspace Scanner Factory

It will cost 642.5M to build and will take a total of 461 Trips using a 5ker.
is out of date as I worked these figures years ago. I really should revise them at some point, as now the requirements of materials are a lot more.

My first piece of advice is, go on holiday first , unless you have a Group of people willing to look after/supply your Base whilst you are away.

If, after your holiday and reading the above link, you decide you still want to go ahead, I will willing go through the pitfalls and other things with you.
Thanks for the reply, so the original base construction goods list is still accurate then I take it? Good advice on the post trip construction, I do have a large transport and raising 642 mil shouldnt be a problem, call it ~20 hours of game time or so in my super-transport, plus I already have a sizable chunk of credits anyways.
(05-30-2020, 09:13 PM)GaliusRax Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the reply, so the original base construction goods list is still accurate then I take it? Good advice on the post trip construction, I do have a large transport and raising 642 mil shouldnt be a problem, call it ~20 hours of game time or so in my super-transport, plus I already have a sizable chunk of credits anyways.

Be advised, there may be costs imposed by other factions, and the threat of aggressive dismantling of your project, that increase the cost and risk above that ballpark figure of 642mil.
Hey ! If needed I can help you supply it with necessary goods, such as RA, water, oxygen and food buddy, for the time you’re on holidays! Send me a PM on Discord: Yannis#0865
Appreciated, will contact you when the initial base goes up!
Not to mention Emlenton already exists for that purpose to streamline Helium mining, and LibGov has the most ridiculous fees for PoBs.

PoBs are an expensive, risky mechanic that should be used by an organised group, not a single player.
(05-30-2020, 11:57 PM)Champ Wrote: [ -> ]PoBs are an expensive, risky mechanic that should be used by an organised group, not a single player.

POBs are expensive and require hard work but they are for groups and single players.
Single players can do RP with other players on the forum and in-game to create RP contracts for supplying, defending, working and more
Just a small correction, nothing big - Cheers
I get that they are expensive, but at what point do you have too little money? I have a character who just has a Yacht who’s only reason to exist is to hold the money I’m making on other characters send some out and be snobbish. I can make over 60 mil in an hour (more if I wanted to take risks) it gives purpose to make that trade run, before it was to get better transports, now maybe I’m going to get a cloak for it, because why not? At least with a base I have a consistent reason to make money.

Plus I already have the base ship and found all the material I’ll need. (After practically landing on every base in the four houses, and systems in between!) Heck that was really fun exploring to find the last little thing you’d need, thinking that gee, this is similar to the goods I need is the guide out of date? These aren’t even on the wiki!

Anyways, thanks for the tips! And I figured liberty would make it expensive, but by the same token it’s more likely to be safer there.
If you have more money than you need, a yacht bank ship, cloaks for no real reason, and this is how new your forum account is, the economy is worse than I thought.

By all means, if you want to redistribute and sink some of that money into a POB, go for it. The warning is really just coming out of the community because at present a lot of people are upset that their bases got blown up, and we don't want people being needlessly upset about risks that existed that they should have anticipated.
Pages: 1 2