Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Do NPCs shoting wrecks for loot still work?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Question
I doubt this tutorial is up to date, but yes, shooting some wrecks will drop loot if they have not already been shot since the last server restart.

Non-player Characters shouldn't be shooting wrecks, themselves.
Yes, a wrecks drops its loot as soon as it takes non-environmental damage. If a NPC’s shot connects with the wreck, it will drop its loot in such a way that the player ship will not be associated with that wreck as having shot it. The effort to set it up to do that, though, one would still be better off making an OC restart Dromedary at 8 AM server time then madly mashing refresh server list to quickly grab all the wreck loot. (sun)

EDIT: if you REALLY want to find wrecks, a simple search for “surprise” in DATA\SOLAR\loadouts.ini will give you the wrecks and their contents, then a simple cross-reference with the loadout’s nickname searching in DATA\UNIVERSE\SYSTEMS to find the wreck it is assigned to, then just fly to it.

Alternately, put the Discovery back into Discovery Freelancer and just see where your journey takes you.
Thanks for both of your helpful answers.

Yeah i know that Big Grin I tried to find AHRIMAN'S ini position with in game /pos and found it