Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Sucess!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Finally managed to get it to accept the overclock options:yahoo:

Running at a stable 3.6GHz on a Quadcore. The settings were tricky, but I finally managed to show it who's the boss! Here's the specs!

Processor: AMD 9950 Phenom X4 Black Edition 2.6 (OCed to 3.6, running at 46 degrees celcius)
Motherboard: ASUS M3A78-T
Video Cards: NVIDIA 9800GT SLI 1GB (x2, equals 2GB)
Hard Drives: 7200RPM Western Digital 650GB HDD (RAID0, x2, equals 1.3TB)
Power Supply: 1000W Rosewill
Case: RaidMax Dirk-Tooth Smilodon

Left to purchase: Watercooling System. Suggestions appriciated.

Yeeeeahhh...Finally finished with the project.

Feels good.

~Leo
i don't get it? did you fix the thing that said error: FL does not detect bla bla bla... shutting down?
Yeah, it was simply the video card on the LAPTOP I was using at the time. For some reason FL doesn't like it's HDMI Video card. Don't know why.

~Leo
Geek, that thing must have costed a fortune:P

I currently operate a steam machine:(
Actually it was only around 700 dollars. Got the Motherboard on an open box from Newegg. Mobo only cost me $91.87. Processor was $150, Video cards were around $110 a piece. Power supply was $150...HDD's were kinda expensive. $180.

So not too much.

~Leo

EDIT: Hmmm, temp spiked to 57c. I'll have to look into this.
You forgot System RAM in your specs.
Other then that great work on the system.
Oh, you're right, I did.

It's basic RAM, nothing flashy right now. Just 6GB of ram. I'm not looking to go overkill on that just yet, as the nice RAM sticks are pretty damn expensive at the moment.

~Leo

EDIT: Anyone have the lowdown on a decent Watercooling system? I'm planning to attempt to go to 3.8GHz but can't risk going any higher with out buring up the CPU.
Would a non-conductive synthetic gel-based oil work better for a heat sink?
(Suspended in within the tower, if it's not completely sealed, then that idea is useless.)
GPU memory never multiplies in SLI. AFR mode. Memory is cloned, so you still have 1GB on GPU essentially regardless of how many cards you gonna put in there, be it 3-way SLI or even quad.
' Wrote:GPU memory never multiplies in SLI. AFR mode. Memory is cloned, so you still have 1GB on GPU essentially regardless of how many cards you gonna put in there, be it 3-way SLI or even quad.

Right, because one half runs the top of the screen, the other the bottom. But I just add them together because it looks better.:P

This processor is simply AMAZING. It's gone up to 3.9 on Air cooling before losing stability...2.6 - 3.9...mindblowing!!

~Leo
Pages: 1 2