Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Regarding NPC Faction IDs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello Disco,

I've never really tried the whole Faction ID thing before, and I hear it's neat if you want to get some kind of special tag next to your name. So I've been searching the forums for a tutorial or some know-how on getting this done (from a beginner's perspective), and there isn't anything really clear enough for a beginner player. :unsure:

So here's an example of a problem that I'm having:

My RP character in game is a Doctor... I figured a good place for him to be would be Cryer Pharmaceuticals (for obvious reasons). I've been hanging around in the Cambridge system, bought a Cryer ID, and have been doing missions for them for a good 4 hours or so. Although... I can't seem to get the darned faction to flicker (as I've heard it's supposed to do when you want to join it?) in my Player info. BUT, Liberty Police is flickering on the very bottom, with Cryer 4th up from LPD. :wacko:

Now... no offense to Liberty System Police officers, but I really don't believe my doctor belongs among the Academy. I'd really like to get Cryer working for me, and I'm pretty much stumped. I've heard something about bribes, and I've found no one wanting to hack my ID for Cryer's sake (although I've found plenty of barmen willing to accept funds for the Bounty Hunters Guild...). :mellow:

So, can anyone give me a good explanation of what to do? Any help will be appreciated.

tl;dr : I want to be part of Cryer, and I can't get it to flash because Liberty Police is already doing so. :(

(Remember, think as if you're talking to a complete nooby noob!) ;)
Drop missions for the LPI until it drops to white.
' Wrote:Drop missions for the LPI until it drops to white.

So since I already have the Cryer ID, I won't have to go back and do more missions once this is done? And will I have to do the same mission related things with the others in front of it? (on the Player info chart I mean)
' Wrote:So since I already have the Cryer ID, I won't have to go back and do more missions once this is done? And will I have to do the same mission related things with the others in front of it? (on the Player info chart I mean)
Nope.
post a list of your reps from LPI to cryer who is in between?
' Wrote:post a list of your reps from LPI to cryer who is in between?

In this order...

Cryer Pharms
Interspace Commerce
Liberty Security Force
Liberty Police (flashing)
os so LPI missions should be droped last and the other 2 first so you wont get it flashing dont have to abort till its whitte only 1 bar the LPI needs to be aborted till it stops blinking and Crayer starts
' Wrote:os so LPI missions should be droped last and the other 2 first so you wont get it flashing dont have to abort till its whitte only 1 bar the LPI needs to be aborted till it stops blinking and Crayer starts

In other words,
1) Drop a few LSF missions
2) Drop a few IC missions
3) Drop LPI missions until LPI is white
4) Log out and back in. You should have a Cryer tag.
' Wrote:In other words,

I'll give this a shot. It should be easy since all of those (besides Cryer) are located in the New York System. Thanks guys!
' Wrote:In other words,
amazing i was sure i just said it:P
Pages: 1 2